Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 12th June 2005, 03:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

i agree,that such stuff is best left to professionals. dont try to do it urself, ull finger the paint job.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 12:42   #17

Guys I know this is a 5 year old thread that I am reviving. I had parked my car unfortunately near a building site a few days back in the morning. When I came back I was shocked to see that there were innumerable cement spots on the whole car including the glass portions. Rubbing with detergent water didn't help much & I actually ended up with scratches on the body.
Is there any solution besides getting a fresh coat of paint on the whole car. I somehow dont feel like doing that since the car is just 1 year old & I have never ever got any of my car re-painted in the past.
Should I give it for polishing 1st? Problem is that the guy whom I trust for polishing is refusing to give me a guarantee that the spots will vanish. Please suggest an alternative place for getting the polishing done.
Any help, suggestions will be highly appreciated...
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 12:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Sometimes if the cement chemicals have not penetrated through the clear lacquer layer you can polish the stains out. But if its gone through the upper layer into the paint layers then a respray is inevitable.

All the same have it water rubbed and polished at first and then assess if you really wish to have it resprayed
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote