Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 3rd June 2009, 12:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Maruti sending customer service rep. home and giving glass bowls for such a simple problem is just OTT, IMO. (No offence meant, Riju)
hahaha, LOL Mahendra what do I say pal. Well in my case too they were ready to come home apologize and give me 3 free service coupons. I denied and told them I will never buy a maruti again from you chaps. Apparently we still have 2 more maruti's at home and I have changed to a different service center.

OT : BTW what would you do with a glass bowl ?
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 18:34   #17

Yes, when the problem was noticed first, called up service center and fixed up a time. My dad went there with the car, the problem was inspected by the service guys and "verbal" confirmation was give it will be taken care.
My dad said that is not enough and a complaint needs to be registered and he want the complaint number. They did just that and gave the complaint number.

Point to be noted is that they(MASS, Popular) called up and informed the status and followup was good I'd say. They initially said it will take around 2 weeks to get a reply and mail was already sent to Maruti. Dad requested to forward the mail that was sent to Maruti.

They did, it was sent on May20th.

None taken bro.
Maruti said replacement will be done as a "gesture of good will"
as Maruti's own engineer confirmed it was not a manufacturing defect.
The gift was a "token of appreciation" from Maruti for bringing such problems into their view and they said this is what they look forward from customers so they can improve (quality/service and all that you know)

@pranavt , Roy.S
Guys Thanks my english teacher would be proud indeed.

Maybe a reminded of the "fragility" of the Maruti spare "parts"
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 23:38   #18

Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
@pranavt , Roy.S
Guys Thanks my english teacher would be proud indeed.....
Sorry yzfrj, but I just could not resist!
Roy.S is offline   Reply With Quote