Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2010, 17:26   #16
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 249
Thanked: Once
Default

I also have a 2004 WagonR Vxi, and want to upgrade to electrically operated both side mirrors. Where in New Delhi, can i get these fitted?

Please help me...
udit78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 17:33   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,048
Thanked: 486 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by udit78 View Post
I also have a 2004 WagonR Vxi, and want to upgrade to electrically operated both side mirrors. Where in New Delhi, can i get these fitted?

Please help me...
Since it involves electrical work, i suggest you look only at a MASS. Otherwise you can upgrade to new LXi type mirrors. Even though they are not electrically operated they provide a wider area and much better than old WagonR rectangular mirrors. I myself changed them from Chawla Auto spares, Gurgaon.
DCEite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 20:11   #18
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 249
Thanked: Once
Default

Note from Mod : Please avoid typing with excessive dots..........like..........this..............Than ks

I did change to Lxi type already... but i want to upgrade to electronic ones... will Service masters, Okhla do this??? i doubt, as i asked them to change to the new lxi types, they said they wont fit... but i installed them myself later... purchasing for 250 for both sides aftermarket...

Please let me know ... delhi people....

Last edited by GTO : 22nd January 2010 at 14:52. Reason: See Mod Note in post
udit78 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 16:34   #19
knp
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 219
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Even, I am looking for my i10. Please suggest some good places where I can get these done.
knp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 16:37   #20
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 249
Thanked: Once
Default

I also want the same for my Esteem, guys please help with this. On another note, how feasible and costly is to fit power windows in Esteem.

Where can i get it done again?

Please help.
udit78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 23:18   #21
Newbie
 
jesse_916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mumbai-Oshiwara
Posts: 17
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Retrofitment Of Electric ORVM's in WagonR

Does anyone know how this can be done in Mumbai? Am buying a new Wagon R and would love to have the Electric Mirrors. And how much will this cost? Will this void the Electricals Warranty? I so wish Maruti would offer this at least as a paid option. Such a breeze when you have to park close to the kerb in a space crunched city like Mumbai.
jesse_916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2012, 23:44   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
zenren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CLT/TVM/HYD
Posts: 2,576
Thanked: 1,723 Times
Default Re: Retrofitment Of Electric ORVM's in WagonR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_916 View Post
Does anyone know how this can be done in Mumbai? Am buying a new Wagon R and would love to have the Electric Mirrors. And how much will this cost? Will this void the Electricals Warranty? I so wish Maruti would offer this at least as a paid option. Such a breeze when you have to park close to the kerb in a space crunched city like Mumbai.
MASS folks would most likely refuse to do this and getting it done from anywhere else could void the warranty.

You would end up spending a considerable amount out of the LXi-VXi price difference of 25k just for this retrofit even if some MASS agrees to do it. Since you are yet to buy the car and if you find this really useful, I would suggest you to go for VXi which would save you from all risks and hazzles.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2013, 22:08   #23
Newbie
 
jesse_916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mumbai-Oshiwara
Posts: 17
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Retrofitment Of Electric ORVM's in WagonR

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
MASS folks would most likely refuse to do this and getting it done from anywhere else could void the warranty.

You would end up spending a considerable amount out of the LXi-VXi price difference of 25k just for this retrofit even if some MASS agrees to do it. Since you are yet to buy the car and if you find this really useful, I would suggest you to go for VXi which would save you from all risks and hazzles.
Ah yes, but the only reason I went for the LXi is coz there was no other option i.e. I bought it for the CNG and Maruti has that only in the LXi variant.
jesse_916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Projectors Retrofitment in Tata Safari 2.2 ThE Godfather Modifications & Accessories 41 3rd September 2012 20:22
A/c compressor retrofitment kavesh55 Technical Stuff 11 15th March 2011 16:53
Indian Cars/SUV's with electric folding ORVM dadu The Indian Car Scene 21 7th August 2007 09:43
Swift - Electric ORVM pillainp Modifications & Accessories 2 25th July 2006 22:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:54.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks