Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 3rd June 2009, 12:03   #1
Default Maruti 800 Type-I copper radiator

The radiator (copper type) of my Maruti 800 91 model (Type I) got damaged and needs to be replaced. But I could not get the copper type radiator even from MGP dealers and they are saying only aluminium with plastic types are available for maruti 800 type-I and latest models. So, please tell me if I can safely use aluminum radiator or should I go for refurbished copper one?
Old 3rd June 2009, 12:42   #2

Its tough to find the copper type radiators, I had the same problem two years back when my vehicle (type 1 800) radiator had cracked (top). Showed it to a local mechanic and he said sourcing the same will be tough, so its better to get it welded or go for a new aluminium one. So I got the welding done. It was quite trouble free. Is your radiator fully damaged?? . Even if you are getting a refurbished copper one, the price difference (old copper and new aluminium) wont be much. Go for the new one.
mnhegde is offline   Reply With Quote