Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Closed Thread

Old 12th June 2005, 15:44   #1
BHPian

Default K & N Filter

Hi guys.
I have heard about K & N Air Filter a lot on team bhp.com,well please excuse my ignorance,but I don't know what this thing actually is,or what it does,and how it helps the vehicle.
Could someone please advise me whether fitting in this will affect FE,and how much it costs,what are the advantages/disadvantages of fitting in a K & N filter.
Thanks,
Suraj
Old 12th June 2005, 16:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

K&N is a branded a very renowned one i must say which produces air filters (universal and performance ones) as well as induction systems ...

an off market air filter like K &N lets in more air into the cars intake system than a stock one .. more air leads to better combustion results in incrase of power ..

the FE should improve techinically however people tend to push the car more since the engine is breathing better ,it feels quicker and the induction note sounds so sweet ..

K&N have both universal - which is i think the stock replacement filter (where the air filter replace with in the filter box) and the Performance filter which is larger and is usually cone shaped ..

Performance air filter one can expect a 5% (give or take) gain in horse power ..

cons ;

Due the filters ability to increase air flow it fails to trap dust particles may cause a hinderance..
but thats were K&N scores better than the rest i guess ..
Old 12th June 2005, 16:51   #3
BHPian

Exclamation Ah ha!!!

Even though turbo_lover has given you a great explanation i will suggest you enter "K & N" in the search box and you can go through the numerous threads on the topic.....it has been discussed to the core, some posts are accompanied with pictures to aid understanding........you could also visit the K&N website
Old 12th June 2005, 17:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Couldnt have worded it better turbo lover....great explanation. srasania, thats that.
Old 12th June 2005, 23:47   #5
BHPian

Guys,will fitting in a K&N Filter void my company warranty?
Also,is it necessary to tell the service centre people not to tamper with Air Filter during services/repairs,since I have K&N filter?
How long will one K&N air filter work?..like how many years?And approx. cost of performance K&N filter for NHC CVT?

Suraj
Old 13th June 2005, 00:12   #6
Team-BHP Support

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1757 (K&N Filters)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...t=K%26N+filter
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...t=K%26N+filter (K&N filters & protection from water)
Check out these threads.Thread closed
Closed Thread