| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|11th June 2009, 11:54||#1|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Dec 2007
Thanked: 360 Times
WagonR - service related queries
I drive a Dec 2006 WagonR Vxi (MPFI) which has currently done around 46000 kms. Car is driving great and had no visits to service centre besides regular service. But I do have some queries regarding service cost, service intervals.
- I have read here that service costs for a Maruti are on the lower side and even regular service of Honda City's doesn't cost more than 3K but my regular services have always costed be upwards of 2.5K for my previous car (Zen) and more than 3K for the current one. I scanned the bill to post here but dont know how to do that, so I will just paste some details -
.................quantity - cost
engine oil 3.7 - 805.75
filter assembly oil 1 - 66.09
washer fluid 1 - 11.84
gasket oil drain 1 - 2.63
consumable item 1 - 50.00
Lamination assy. engine 1 - 755.00 (what is this?)
Relay 1 - 110.93 (fog light relay was bust)
Fuse assembly mini 1 - 6.41
paid service - 650.00
fuel injector cleaning 1.82(?) - 400.00
engine system flushing 2.73(?) - 600.00
Bill amount after taxes = Rs 3896.00
This was the last service done in Oct 08 as Pasco in Gurgaon. Though I have no complaints regarding the service I am wondering about the high service cost. Which of this does not come under normal service? Because those (A.S.S.) guys put everything under normal service.
2. Had taken my car to a small service centre in Noida (Shubham Auto - they claim to be authorised service centre) to head a fused head-light bulb changed. The mechanic their told me that WagonR service interval is 5000kms or 6 months. When I said that the manual says 10K or 1 yr he replied that the engine oil, gear box oil used for that service is different. What's he talking about? I was thinking was getting my car serviced from these guys but thought I will post a query first.
3. After the above, I checked the car manual but couldn't find what grade oils should be used. Anyone knows where I can get it?
Last edited by asr245 : 11th June 2009 at 12:05.
|11th June 2009, 12:13||#2|
Join Date: May 2004
Thanked: 7,478 Times
2) Service interval is 10k but 5k for minor check up is fine, no need for oil changes at this. He is pulling a fast one with oil, they last fine for 1 year plus.
3) Check specifications section at the end, before dealer addresses, should be mentioned. Or else scan the manual for engine oil, and gear oil replacement procedure section.
|12th June 2009, 11:54||#4|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Aug 2008
Thanked: 273 Times
Finally, he got away by paying the bill and they promised him that they'll discount that amount at the next service.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Buying a previous model year car in the current year? Post all related queries here||abhi||Sedans||146||30th March 2017 19:24|
|First Long Trip - Bangalore to Vijayawada - Route Query and other related queries||Newpunter||Route / Travel Queries||6||13th December 2010 15:09|
|Sluggish Swift, Edit: And other swift speed related queries||pillainp||Technical Stuff||90||8th September 2009 21:27|
|Wireless Bandwidth and related queries||Venkatesh.C||Gadgets, Computers & Software||5||18th October 2007 23:37|
|2 Tyres and Alloys related queries||abhibh||Tyre & Alloy wheel Section||9||22nd August 2007 19:20|