Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 24th June 2009, 18:32   #16
Team-BHP Support

Did they give a bill? even if its warranty replacement there will be a bill with Rs 0 as amount.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 22:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

this could be some vibrations caused by the condenser fan due to loose fitment probably?

Maruti's Product Quality is super but their attitude is lackadaisical.I wanted a Technical Query to be addressed and guess what - nobody was picking up the telephone in their Delhi Office,Ahmedabad Office,Mumbai Office and Surat Office.Even the toll free no. was busy for over 25 minutes.I guess the "UDYOG" attitude remains.
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 15:48   #18
BHPian

Default Re: Loud noise and vibration with A/C on Maruti Ritz

Found this thread, when searching for a similar problem of vibrational noise coming from the A/C on my 2005 WagonR. Got it checked from Saboo Motors, upon a quick examination they said its the fan motor problem, which starts up when the AC is on, and even when the AC is off, its starts up on certain occasions due to overheat. The assembly kit is costing 3600 + 600 for labor, getting it changed.
Pretorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2013, 22:47   #19

I also have experienced some kinda awkward noise sometimes in my 2010 model ritz -Vxi. By and large no vibration is associated with it, nor there is any problem with the cooling. It is just like a muted 'thud' beneath the chassis.

Reported this issue to the service center guys, but proving the Murphy's law correct , they could not find any noise.

They have advised me to simply forget it, and to come back if the problem recurs again.Luckily there was no sound for next six months, but the same kinda sound has once again re appearing intermittently, so planning a visit to the 'hospital' once again, hope this time the patient is able to 'spell out' it's problem properly.

I have one more major issue to share with you all about using the AC during summer time, there is heavy moisture deposition in the outer surface of driving window, the visibility becomes less than 50% through the side mirror, and I have to eventually come out of the car in every alternate red signal to wipe the moisture off. Any suggestions from folks to get rid of this problem?

Regards.

Arin
arin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2013, 23:15   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin2323 View Post
I have one more major issue to share with you all about using the AC during summer time, there is heavy moisture deposition in the outer surface of driving window, the visibility becomes less than 50% through the side mirror, and I have to eventually come out of the car in every alternate red signal to wipe the moisture off. Any suggestions from folks to get rid of this problem?

Regards.

Arin
The moisture condensation on the outside is due the cold air from the ac vent directed towards that window. If you position the vent such that the air is directed into the cabin and not the window, you will not have this problem. Condensation happens at that point because the cold air from ac creates a cold spot drawing out the water from the outside air. If you are in a coastal city, then there isnt much that you can do except increase the ac temperature so that it doesnt cause condensation but still keeps you comfortable.
mtnrajdeep is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2013, 23:32   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
The moisture condensation on the outside is due the cold air from the ac vent directed towards that window. If you position the vent such that the air is directed into the cabin and not the window, you will not have this problem. Condensation happens at that point because the cold air from ac creates a cold spot drawing out the water from the outside air.
Thinking in the same line, religiously pointed the vents adjacent to the front windows towards the cabin. Success was achieved in the 'port' side, however; the issue remained in the 'starboard' side. Can the problem be attributed towards erroneous sun filming?

I do never cross 2 in the AC regulator, and the AC temperature is also not extreme as my 4 month old son travels in the car quite often.

Quote:
If you are in a coastal city, then there isnt much that you can do except increase the ac temperature so that it doesnt cause condensation but still keeps you comfortable.
I do stay in Kolkata, and the climate over here in summer is somewhat akin the coastal cities.

Regards

Arin
arin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote