Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 8th May 2010, 20:59   #166
Senior - BHPian

@ Sujith: Water being filled in those plastic bags are normal? You say one side was full and other was half.
funkykar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2010, 21:07   #167
BHPian

All is well that ends well. I am surprised to know about water bags. Are they usual polythene bags or some other material? Strictly speaking it should be made of material that can withstand higher temperatures and doesn't transfer the heat to water.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2010, 22:08   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
If your car is well know then it will be well even after the service!

Why are you worried about the service? Any issues with your Punto which is due to be solved during the service?
wasn't too amused by the way they handled the car recently.
you can check my thread for my experiences.
sukrit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 00:11   #169
BHPian

@Sujith ; I told you they were serious about Customer Service, did'nt I?

Both the Sales and the Service Managers were super courteos to me @ Concorde as well when I was faced with quite a few cosmetic issues with my car!!

Only good news for FIAT and us!!
raamki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 00:16   #170
Senior - BHPian

Its really surprising to know how well Fiat is treating their customers! I am sure atleast 80% people wouldnt have expected that from Fiat.

My kudos to Fiat. Way to go

I am happy that Sujith's concerns were taken care of. I personally was thinking that you may end up paying for the sun film from your pocket!

Last edited by funkykar : 9th May 2010 at 00:19.
Old 9th May 2010, 00:32   #171
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Regarding the Seat belt lock being replaced, did they fix a new lock to your car or did they remove it from some other Punto in the workshop?!!
I guess they removed it from an other PUNTO only After all it INDIA, we will never improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
Sujith - good to hear all issues were resolved. But did they say why there was a wrong seat belt lock in the first place?
Yes Milestogo, They said its a mistake happened in the plant itself.
Sujith1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 00:41   #172
BANNED

Quote:
@ Sujith: Water being filled in those plastic bags are normal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
All is well that ends well. I am surprised to know about water bags. Are they usual polythene bags or some other material? Strictly speaking it should be made of material that can withstand higher temperatures and doesn't transfer the heat to water.
The polythene bags are like a cover for a large mass of Sponge between the side-beams and the fenders(F-side body) for dampening of the Engine Vibrations. This comes in all cars, but in mine its was pulled out a little or may be it wasn't inserted properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
@Sujith ; I told you they were serious about Customer Service, did'nt I?
Only good news for FIAT and us!!
They better be so. They should improve more, why make the customers come back so soon after the delivery ! They should see our face again only at the time of 1st delivery.
Old 9th May 2010, 00:42   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ Sujith: Water being filled in those plastic bags are normal? You say one side was full and other was half.
I am still curious. Did you figure this out yet?

I mean why was water filled, is it supposed be like that? Or does the bags have a different functionality. If yes, what does it do?

Last edited by funkykar : 9th May 2010 at 00:44.
Old 9th May 2010, 00:54   #174
BANNED

Quote:
I am still curious. Did you figure this out yet?

I mean why was water filled, is it supposed be like that? Or does the bags have a different functionality. If yes, what does it do?
The water in the Polythene covers I guess is the pressure wash water which hadn't dried, which they did before delivery. Today at the service station the covers were dry actually speaking. Will keep an eye on them for a few more days !

The function of the sponge is to dampen the Engine vibration on to the body sheet-metal. The are covered in Polythene, may be to increase the operating life of the sponge. The polythene is also of Higher grade, thick and similar to the ones used for packing industrial equipments.

Last edited by Sujith1100 : 9th May 2010 at 00:55.
Old 9th May 2010, 00:57   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
The water in the Polythene covers I guess is the pressure wash water which hadn't dried, which they did before delivery. Today at the service station the covers were dry actually speaking. Will keep an eye on them for a few more days !

The function of the sponge is to dampen the Engine vibration on to the body sheet-metal. The are covered in Polythene, may be to increase the operating life of the sponge. The polythene is also of Higher grade, thick and used for packing industrial equipments.
Could you post more close up pictures of the bags. Will water enter again into those bags during water service/rains. My concern is, if water enters those bags again, wouldnt it affect its functionality?

Also, any idea if any other cars have this mechanism to cut down engine vibrations?
Old 9th May 2010, 12:51   #176
BANNED

Quote:
Could you post more close up pictures of the bags. Will water enter again into those bags during water service/rains. My concern is, if water enters those bags again, wouldnt it affect its functionality?

Also, any idea if any other cars have this mechanism to cut down engine vibrations?

As the bags were initially out side the beam, it got wet by the water. And the sponge inside might have given the illusion of water ! Am not sure whether this type of bags come in other cars, but its there in all PUNTOs and LINEAs for sure.
Old 9th May 2010, 13:39   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its really surprising to know how well Fiat is treating their customers! I am sure atleast 80% people wouldnt have expected that from Fiat.

My kudos to Fiat. Way to go

I am happy that Sujith's concerns were taken care of. I personally was thinking that you may end up paying for the sun film from your pocket!
My Punto had squeaky sound coming from the rear right shocker every time car went through a depression. Contacted Concorde. A guy came to collect the car. Was later informed later in the day that the Rear Shocker has been replaced(no charges. Warranty I guess). No questions asked. The car was delivered in the evening, Problem solved.

Last edited by download2live : 9th May 2010 at 13:40. Reason: details added
download2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 13:59   #178
Senior - BHPian

Question Reversing light dislodged

Hi Guys,

While washing the car found this:

Is it safe to drive around like this? The 1st service is due in June mid. There are scratches and dents also to be taken care of. So should I take the car to Showroom and get it fixed now itself or should I wait till the first service?

I dont really know how this happened. All i can remember is that once while reversing the bumper of the car just above this reversing light touched the wall. There was a juicy scruntch. Got some small dark dots on the bumper just above this.

So what I do now?
Attached Thumbnails
Some quality niggles & Issues in Fiat Punto-p1030135.jpg  

Old 9th May 2010, 14:05   #179
BANNED

^^ Did you try fixing it yourself? Check if any plastic parts which hold the light to the bumper is broken.
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 14:15   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
^^ Did you try fixing it yourself? Check if any plastic parts which hold the light to the bumper is broken.
Not yet. Was worried if I would mess the thing up even more. I will check however. Lets see if I can find out what has given away.