Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2010, 20:59   #166
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,287
Thanked: 1,211 Times
Default

@ Sujith: Water being filled in those plastic bags are normal? You say one side was full and other was half.
funkykar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2010, 21:07   #167
BHPian
 
NutsNBolts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 795
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

All is well that ends well. I am surprised to know about water bags. Are they usual polythene bags or some other material? Strictly speaking it should be made of material that can withstand higher temperatures and doesn't transfer the heat to water.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2010, 22:08   #168
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 707
Thanked: 88 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
If your car is well know then it will be well even after the service!

Why are you worried about the service? Any issues with your Punto which is due to be solved during the service?
wasn't too amused by the way they handled the car recently.
you can check my thread for my experiences.
sukrit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 00:11   #169
BHPian
 
raamki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 352
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

@Sujith ; I told you they were serious about Customer Service, did'nt I?

Both the Sales and the Service Managers were super courteos to me @ Concorde as well when I was faced with quite a few cosmetic issues with my car!!

Only good news for FIAT and us!!
raamki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 00:16   #170
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,287
Thanked: 1,211 Times
Default

Its really surprising to know how well Fiat is treating their customers! I am sure atleast 80% people wouldnt have expected that from Fiat.

My kudos to Fiat. Way to go

I am happy that Sujith's concerns were taken care of. I personally was thinking that you may end up paying for the sun film from your pocket!

Last edited by funkykar : 9th May 2010 at 00:19.
funkykar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 00:32   #171
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: BANGalore
Posts: 729
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Regarding the Seat belt lock being replaced, did they fix a new lock to your car or did they remove it from some other Punto in the workshop?!!
I guess they removed it from an other PUNTO only After all it INDIA, we will never improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
Sujith - good to hear all issues were resolved. But did they say why there was a wrong seat belt lock in the first place?
Yes Milestogo, They said its a mistake happened in the plant itself.
Sujith1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 00:41   #172
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: BANGalore
Posts: 729
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
@ Sujith: Water being filled in those plastic bags are normal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
All is well that ends well. I am surprised to know about water bags. Are they usual polythene bags or some other material? Strictly speaking it should be made of material that can withstand higher temperatures and doesn't transfer the heat to water.
The polythene bags are like a cover for a large mass of Sponge between the side-beams and the fenders(F-side body) for dampening of the Engine Vibrations. This comes in all cars, but in mine its was pulled out a little or may be it wasn't inserted properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
@Sujith ; I told you they were serious about Customer Service, did'nt I?
Only good news for FIAT and us!!
They better be so. They should improve more, why make the customers come back so soon after the delivery ! They should see our face again only at the time of 1st delivery.
Sujith1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 00:42   #173
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,287
Thanked: 1,211 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
@ Sujith: Water being filled in those plastic bags are normal? You say one side was full and other was half.
I am still curious. Did you figure this out yet?

I mean why was water filled, is it supposed be like that? Or does the bags have a different functionality. If yes, what does it do?

Last edited by funkykar : 9th May 2010 at 00:44.
funkykar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 00:54   #174
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: BANGalore
Posts: 729
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
I am still curious. Did you figure this out yet?

I mean why was water filled, is it supposed be like that? Or does the bags have a different functionality. If yes, what does it do?
The water in the Polythene covers I guess is the pressure wash water which hadn't dried, which they did before delivery. Today at the service station the covers were dry actually speaking. Will keep an eye on them for a few more days !

The function of the sponge is to dampen the Engine vibration on to the body sheet-metal. The are covered in Polythene, may be to increase the operating life of the sponge. The polythene is also of Higher grade, thick and similar to the ones used for packing industrial equipments.

Last edited by Sujith1100 : 9th May 2010 at 00:55.
Sujith1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 00:57   #175
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,287
Thanked: 1,211 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
The water in the Polythene covers I guess is the pressure wash water which hadn't dried, which they did before delivery. Today at the service station the covers were dry actually speaking. Will keep an eye on them for a few more days !

The function of the sponge is to dampen the Engine vibration on to the body sheet-metal. The are covered in Polythene, may be to increase the operating life of the sponge. The polythene is also of Higher grade, thick and used for packing industrial equipments.
Could you post more close up pictures of the bags. Will water enter again into those bags during water service/rains. My concern is, if water enters those bags again, wouldnt it affect its functionality?

Also, any idea if any other cars have this mechanism to cut down engine vibrations?
funkykar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 12:51   #176
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: BANGalore
Posts: 729
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Could you post more close up pictures of the bags. Will water enter again into those bags during water service/rains. My concern is, if water enters those bags again, wouldnt it affect its functionality?

Also, any idea if any other cars have this mechanism to cut down engine vibrations?

As the bags were initially out side the beam, it got wet by the water. And the sponge inside might have given the illusion of water ! Am not sure whether this type of bags come in other cars, but its there in all PUNTOs and LINEAs for sure.
Sujith1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 13:39   #177
Senior - BHPian
 
download2live's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,100
Thanked: 386 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Its really surprising to know how well Fiat is treating their customers! I am sure atleast 80% people wouldnt have expected that from Fiat.

My kudos to Fiat. Way to go

I am happy that Sujith's concerns were taken care of. I personally was thinking that you may end up paying for the sun film from your pocket!
My Punto had squeaky sound coming from the rear right shocker every time car went through a depression. Contacted Concorde. A guy came to collect the car. Was later informed later in the day that the Rear Shocker has been replaced(no charges. Warranty I guess). No questions asked. The car was delivered in the evening, Problem solved.

Last edited by download2live : 9th May 2010 at 13:40. Reason: details added
download2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 13:59   #178
Senior - BHPian
 
download2live's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,100
Thanked: 386 Times
Question Reversing light dislodged

Hi Guys,

While washing the car found this:

Is it safe to drive around like this? The 1st service is due in June mid. There are scratches and dents also to be taken care of. So should I take the car to Showroom and get it fixed now itself or should I wait till the first service?

I dont really know how this happened. All i can remember is that once while reversing the bumper of the car just above this reversing light touched the wall. There was a juicy scruntch. Got some small dark dots on the bumper just above this.

So what I do now?
Attached Thumbnails
Some quality niggles & Issues in Fiat Punto-p1030135.jpg  

download2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 14:05   #179
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore Cantonment
Posts: 1,642
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

^^ Did you try fixing it yourself? Check if any plastic parts which hold the light to the bumper is broken.
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 14:15   #180
Senior - BHPian
 
download2live's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,100
Thanked: 386 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
^^ Did you try fixing it yourself? Check if any plastic parts which hold the light to the bumper is broken.
Not yet. Was worried if I would mess the thing up even more. I will check however. Lets see if I can find out what has given away.
download2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Black Punto MJD - 30400 KM Completed - Some issues ~~VinZ~~ Long-Term Ownership Reviews 9 21st April 2011 18:37
Swift VDI+ABS or Fiat Punto MJD or New Fabia 1.2 Diesel. Edit- Booked Fiat Punto MJD magnanimousdude Hatchbacks 59 27th October 2010 13:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks