Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 23rd May 2010, 12:46   #196
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Another washing of the car and I find this. The rubber which sticks to the windscreen (from outside) at its base is coming off.
Today I had a look at few Puntos' on road. Almost all had this same problem.
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 12:00   #197
Senior - BHPian

Default Its a Hat trick!!!

Well here is one more Sunday and I as usual will open up the car and check it if everything is fine or not. Usually I wash it too but then this week its going for servicing so I will skip that.

Well here is to follow up on the very common issue of reversing light coming off at the slighest of impact. Seems I am not alone. Caught this at Sarjapur Crossing. BTW thats my beloved Pulsar. My answer to the traffic woes.

Now today's Issue or is it?
I have the habit of killing the engine at long traffic signals. But then I again switch on the key so that the Music System keeps running. When traffic signal turns green I further twist the ignition key upwards to start the car.Problem is that half of the time the car starts and half of the time the that crank protection mechanism(there to prevent starting an already running engine) kicks in. And so I have to twist the key downwards to shut the whole thing off then again twist it upwards to start the car. Is it something which I am doing wrong or I have to point it out to the service guys at times of servicing.

Opened up the bonnet to clear the debris and this is what I see. Its veru minor but then just letting guys know.
The inner cladding(?) on the right hand side is having a tear, for reference see the image of the left had side where the cladding is fine.
Need to get it replaced at time of servicing?

Thanks in advance for replies guys. Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Some quality niggles & Issues in Fiat Punto-reversing_light.jpg  

Some quality niggles & Issues in Fiat Punto-not_ok_right_side.jpg  

Some quality niggles & Issues in Fiat Punto-ok_left_side.jpg  

download2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 12:34   #198
Senior - BHPian

@download2live: Double cranking prevention mechanism gets activated when you turn the key beyond the normal ignition ON position, before the starting motor gets fired. You can hear a small click sound once this is activated.

To listen to music at a stop, just carefully turn key to ignition make sure that it doesn't get turned beyond that - in this case, you can just turn further to start the car whenever needed without having to turn ignition off.

Last edited by clevermax : 6th June 2010 at 12:36.
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 13:56   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Well here is one more Sunday and I as usual will open up the car and check it if everything is fine or not. Usually I wash it too but then this week its going for servicing so I will skip that.

Well here is to follow up on the very common issue of reversing light coming off at the slighest of impact. Seems I am not alone. Caught this at Sarjapur Crossing. BTW thats my beloved Pulsar. My answer to the traffic woes.

Now today's Issue or is it?
I have the habit of killing the engine at long traffic signals. But then I again switch on the key so that the Music System keeps running. When traffic signal turns green I further twist the ignition key upwards to start the car.Problem is that half of the time the car starts and half of the time the that crank protection mechanism(there to prevent starting an already running engine) kicks in. And so I have to twist the key downwards to shut the whole thing off then again twist it upwards to start the car. Is it something which I am doing wrong or I have to point it out to the service guys at times of servicing.

Opened up the bonnet to clear the debris and this is what I see. Its veru minor but then just letting guys know.
The inner cladding(?) on the right hand side is having a tear, for reference see the image of the left had side where the cladding is fine.
Need to get it replaced at time of servicing?

Thanks in advance for replies guys. Cheers.
Is ur car an emotion? then u can activate the 20min option from the radio menu which will keep the music system on even if u turn off the ignition.
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 15:16   #200
Senior - BHPian

@download2live

Brother,You can play the music system even when there is no key(ie, there is no need for you to insert the key) Just press the Switch ON/OFF button and enjoy

Regards
Amith aka KlubClass
Klub Class is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 15:21   #201
BHPian

that's right,you don't need to start the car or have the key in plot to play music.
the media player doesn't work though.
sukrit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 15:24   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_aashay View Post
Those plastic strips do not pose a threat in anyway.

No i didnt have them replaced coz the material is still the same, even if i replace it, it will even arise in the replaced plastic strip.. so i'm waiting for a better quality strip...

If you want to get it changed you can do so. And when you visit the TASC for this, you could ask them to also look at the washer jets...

i would not suggest you to poke stuff in the punto washer jets. they are not like the average jets you find on other cars.

BTW, the jets shoot water only till the mid way of the windshield..
the jets are adjustable,ask the a.s.s to do so.
I too had the same issue and they adjusted it.
sukrit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 17:13   #203
BANNED

Default Design defects with PUNTOs

Hi fellow Bhpians,

Please go through this link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ion-mjd-5.html (1978 - Fiat 1100 || 2010 - Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD!)

It should be helpful to all Punto owners, as we all Love this car.
Please people, note that am not insulting the car here. Just giving a few points to take extra care of your cars.

regards
Sujith1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 10:58   #204
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for replies. Will try out the suggestions made. Any idea on things to be kept in mind while giving car for first servicing?
Old 7th June 2010, 12:24   #205
BANNED

Guys please not attacking me for no reason, I am posting all these issue just to help the other PUNTERS, for some this may also be their 1st car. So as responsible Bhpians, please go through this link. If you have already come across it, then pleas ignore it.
More information with supporting pictures on Page5.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1924505 (1978 - Fiat 1100 || 2010 - Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD!)

Remember I love this car a lot, also want other to love it the same way. So to love it more, Know it well. Even this respective thread serves the same purpose
Sujith1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 20:22   #206
BHPian

@downloadtolive
dear have you got your servicing done , i am also nearing the magicla figure of 3000kms .I am also curious as to what points i should keep in mind while getting it serviced.
From what i have gathered from tbhp -one should definitely get the engine oil replaced despite the companys' reco on the opposite
blueblooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 22:47   #207
BHPian

@Blueblooded: Punto comes with Synthetic Engine oil no need to change oil @3000 KM. I would suggest for the first service just get the filters cleaned and if the need be get the alignment done. Mine had alignment issue and the TASC fixed it at the first service. No oil change done till date. I am currently at 8K. The alignment is free, its mentioned on the back of the coupon so make sure you don't pay for that.

Last edited by arishi1 : 10th June 2010 at 22:49.
arishi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 15:36   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
@downloadtolive
dear have you got your servicing done , i am also nearing the magicla figure of 3000kms .I am also curious as to what points i should keep in mind while getting it serviced.
From what i have gathered from tbhp -one should definitely get the engine oil replaced despite the companys' reco on the opposite
Well first servicing was done. I gave the car on 8th of June. Got it on of 15th of June. Servicing was done on 8th itself and the car was sent to Body workshop on Mysore road(?).
There were dents which required the car to be sent to body workshop. The advisor was actually beaming that I got the car back that fast given the amount of backlog at the Body Workshop.

There was no oil change what so ever. However the service advisor advised me to go for 3M underbody coating. Given the number of times I manage to scrape the bumps I went for it. Cost: 2500 something. 5 years coverage. 10 inspections and touch ups free.

And some top ups of of various fluids like coolants etc.

But here is the twist. Got car this Tuesday.
On Wednesday night the driver side release lever on the door got jammed. Jammed for good. Had to crawl out of the car from right hand side door. Took the car to Concorde today. They replaced the lock. No charges.
FIAT build quality anyone?

The steering is much free now. Personally I liked it rather tight(jammed?). The pedals are also very much smooth moving. Brakes have got a sharper bite now. Not much difference otherwise.

Do not go for 3M for sound deadening. I did not feel the difference. But it was reassuring to see a coat of thick paint under the body.

Last edited by download2live : 17th June 2010 at 15:40.
Old 17th June 2010, 15:43   #209
BANNED

After the JV it's not Just Fiat build quality, it's TATA-Fiat and it shows
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 21:39   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Well first servicing was done. I gave the car on 8th of June. Got it on of 15th of June. Servicing was done on 8th itself and the car was sent to Body workshop on Mysore road(?).
There were dents which required the car to be sent to body workshop. The advisor was actually beaming that I got the car back that fast given the amount of backlog at the Body Workshop.

There was no oil change what so ever. However the service advisor advised me to go for 3M underbody coating. Given the number of times I manage to scrape the bumps I went for it. Cost: 2500 something. 5 years coverage. 10 inspections and touch ups free.

And some top ups of of various fluids like coolants etc.

But here is the twist. Got car this Tuesday.
On Wednesday night the driver side release lever on the door got jammed. Jammed for good. Had to crawl out of the car from right hand side door. Took the car to Concorde today. They replaced the lock. No charges.
FIAT build quality anyone?

The steering is much free now. Personally I liked it rather tight(jammed?). The pedals are also very much smooth moving. Brakes have got a sharper bite now. Not much difference otherwise.

Do not go for 3M for sound deadening. I did not feel the difference. But it was reassuring to see a coat of thick paint under the body.
Yesterday I went for the first servicing to the dealer and friends i tell you its most pathetic and unresponsive service i have come across.

I registered following complaints regarding the vehicle
1.A.C.cooling is very poor-we were really sweating with ac on
2.Strange thud from rear shockers both sides while crossing any potholes
3Rubber attached to both the rear doors were felling apart

I had taken prior appointment for 17june and duly reached the service station at 10am.
To begin with ,we accidently left key inside and car was locked for good.
For two hours we ran here and there just to get it unlocked

After it was opened it took nearly three more hours for washing anti rust coating and engine waxing .
At every step i had to personally prod the workers and supervisors to expedite it...
Later i decided to go ENGINE OIL CHANGE ,dont kill me for it , I went against the common practice and company recommendations.
After much wrangling they DISCOVERED selenia WR from their stock .
THis oil change episode lasted for more than one hour ,
Now they told me i can very well take my car after clearing my dues.
I asked what about the AC, a mechanic came and checked the temperatures and told me it needs thorough check up and i was told to come another day.
I said #### ###, I was feeling for the first time that I really took the wrong decision, I should never ever opted for this car in the first place ,

tatas they give a damn about A.S.S

TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY ,after the service episode my both front locks have started malfuntioning , as of now ,

Friends , dealers Brijlax motor should be stripped of their dealership ,or else only God knows what would become of fiat owners
I am feeling like ....
blueblooded is offline   Reply With Quote