Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 16:39   #241
Senior - BHPian
 
download2live's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,100
Thanked: 386 Times
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Observed two things this weekend.

2. Sunday morning. Took car out. Came back. Locked the doors with remote locking. Went after 6 hours to cover the car. Just out of curiosity checked the front driver door and found it unlocked. All the other three doors were locked. Opened all via remote lock and locked them again. Again the front door remained unlocked. Manually locked the same with key.
In morning made up mind to take it to dealership. The silly driver door was locking up properly and working fine.
Will like to add that this driver side door was jammed few days ago and the whole driver side door lock assembly was changed by FIAT.

Do I need to get it to the dealership or this is a one off incident?
Driver side lock is malfunctioning again. And this time for good. No auto recovery back to its original behavior like last time. Manually locking the car up now a days. I hate going to Dealerships. But seems I will have to go after all.
download2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 16:10   #242
BHPian
 
somebodystopme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 498
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

This is in regards with my post in march. Unfortunately I am still facing the same problem with blue and me and am very upset with the behavior and commitment of Rama motors to an extent that i regret buying the car from them.
After the horror story i mentioned below at HIM, I took my car for repairs for blue and me and proxy alingment at RAMA motor Okhla from where i bought it on 16.05.2010 not to mention i have a very scarcity of time and especially cancelled my business trip. After keeping my car for whole of 6 hours all they had to tell me was that blue and me is not available and they cant do anything with it until it comes. They asked me to wait for 1 week and now its been 2 months i have been waiting which includes calling their spare parts dept every week to enquire about blue and me. Today i called again and to my horror the service guy said one part came last week and it was installed on a linea. Is this the commitment level expected from Rama motors? After all my calls trouble going there by driving 1 hour and 1 hour back, they get blue and me dont even inform me and install it on a another car.
Can any of you be kind enough to give me email id of High ranking FIAT executive. I want to lodge a complaint also, I was told during sale that RAMA motors does pickups and drops now they say they dont do either.




Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
Today I was asked to take my car from HIM motors paschim vihar, they assured all faults have been corrected on my visit there to collect my car this morning I was shock to see all the same problems of ODO flashing, bluetooth, media player, aux being showed in sources all over again. I was horrified. What kind of service is this. Service manager as well as Fiat personel was shocked. He asked me to leave the car for one more day when it has already been there for two days. I asked the reason for this Fiat personel was just pure rude, I said i want to take my car back and it didnt make any difference to him. I will go to RAMA motors now. Hope they are able to solve the problem.
But i strongly dont refer HIM motors to anyone with a Fiat for service.

Can anyone please give me Email ID of anyone in Fiat who can help me with this problem.
somebodystopme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 20:40   #243
BHPian
 
arishi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Thane - Mumbai
Posts: 291
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

PM me your email ID. I will send you the contact details for FIAT Contacts.
arishi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2010, 09:30   #244
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Varanasi
Posts: 348
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
This is in regards with my post in march. Unfortunately I am still facing the same problem with blue and me and am very upset with the behavior and commitment of Rama motors to an extent that i regret buying the car from them.
After the horror story i mentioned below at HIM, I took my car for repairs for blue and me and proxy alingment at RAMA motor Okhla from where i bought it on 16.05.2010 not to mention i have a very scarcity of time and especially cancelled my business trip. After keeping my car for whole of 6 hours all they had to tell me was that blue and me is not available and they cant do anything with it until it comes. They asked me to wait for 1 week and now its been 2 months i have been waiting which includes calling their spare parts dept every week to enquire about blue and me. Today i called again and to my horror the service guy said one part came last week and it was installed on a linea. Is this the commitment level expected from Rama motors? After all my calls trouble going there by driving 1 hour and 1 hour back, they get blue and me dont even inform me and install it on a another car.
Can any of you be kind enough to give me email id of High ranking FIAT executive. I want to lodge a complaint also, I was told during sale that RAMA motors does pickups and drops now they say they dont do either.
yes , i can very well relate with you , I had similar experience with my dealer in varanasi,which really had me thinking about my decision , please have patience ,do lodge complaint with the fiat india , they definitely would look into it in right earnest
blueblooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2010, 09:57   #245
Senior - BHPian
 
download2live's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,100
Thanked: 386 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Driver side lock is malfunctioning again. And this time for good. No auto recovery back to its original behavior like last time. Manually locking the car up now a days. I hate going to Dealerships. But seems I will have to go after all.
Took the car to dealership and got the thing fixed. Turns out to be loose coupler. Anyways the car is fit an fine now. I am happy man. Two words of appreciation for Concorde Quick Service Bay's Balraj. He is quiet and very efficient. Way to go.

Some pics for you guys to do time pass.
Attached Thumbnails
Some quality niggles & Issues in Fiat Punto-09072010001.jpg  

Some quality niggles & Issues in Fiat Punto-09072010002.jpg  

Some quality niggles & Issues in Fiat Punto-09072010.jpg  

download2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 14:11   #246
BHPian
 
somebodystopme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 498
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

I am so frustrated right now. Almost at my wits end. Have been calling up these fools like crazy one Kapil has quite the service for RAMA motors, the receptionist for parts always keeps registring my complaint and promising a call back which never happens. I am going to write to Fiat now. I dont know who in team-bhp says good about these good for nothing people.




Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
This is in regards with my post in march. Unfortunately I am still facing the same problem with blue and me and am very upset with the behavior and commitment of Rama motors to an extent that i regret buying the car from them.
After the horror story i mentioned below at HIM, I took my car for repairs for blue and me and proxy alingment at RAMA motor Okhla from where i bought it on 16.05.2010 not to mention i have a very scarcity of time and especially cancelled my business trip. After keeping my car for whole of 6 hours all they had to tell me was that blue and me is not available and they cant do anything with it until it comes. They asked me to wait for 1 week and now its been 2 months i have been waiting which includes calling their spare parts dept every week to enquire about blue and me. Today i called again and to my horror the service guy said one part came last week and it was installed on a linea. Is this the commitment level expected from Rama motors? After all my calls trouble going there by driving 1 hour and 1 hour back, they get blue and me dont even inform me and install it on a another car.
Can any of you be kind enough to give me email id of High ranking FIAT executive. I want to lodge a complaint also, I was told during sale that RAMA motors does pickups and drops now they say they dont do either.
somebodystopme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 14:19   #247
BHPian
 
somebodystopme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 498
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Friends, I got blue and me issues in my punto rectified. I had sent a complaint to FIAT and a mail to Anupam member of team bhp who's good friend of Aditya owner of rama motors. Aditya was very prompt and I immediately got a call from Rama Motors they had kept my part in their stock, I went there this sunday to get it rectified. I was surprised to see the owner Aditya running around the workshop listening to complaints himself and also finding out ways to solve the issues, A very positive person I must say. He made sure my gets working by the day end. Although i still have issue with my left glass which gets stuck on roll up and down. But the major issue of blue and me was sorted my good luck.Phew!! I hope it never comes again. Now planning speakers and amp combo for this beauty. Confused between Driven or Gyro, from where to get it done.
Special thanks to Anupam for his help and to Aditya for his quick response to my email.
somebodystopme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 14:37   #248
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NOIDA
Posts: 201
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

I am happy that your issue is solved.(I had given him a call& mail for the same)

Let me know in case you have any issue with Punto spare,service etc.

Aditya is a wonderful person.

He is instrumental in making experience with Fiat Better.

Thanks & Regards
Anupam
anupam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:09   #249
BHPian
 
somebodystopme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 498
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam00 View Post
I am happy that your issue is solved.(I had given him a call& mail for the same)

Let me know in case you have any issue with Punto spare,service etc.

Aditya is a wonderful person.

He is instrumental in making experience with Fiat Better.

Thanks & Regards
Anupam

Yeah bro Aditya told me that his quick response was to that mail of yours. Thanks a lot. It seems the previous Service head hadnt forwarded my issue and had passed it off as job done. My issue is a plain example of how lazy attitude of subordinate affects reputation of an organization.
somebodystopme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 20:02   #250
BHPian
 
BMW-X5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 187
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Guys, My Punto is going for the first service next week. I'm extremely happy with the car except a couple of niggling issues.
1- B&Me media player is not resuming from the track when stop and restart the engine. Some time it plays from where it has stopped :(.
2- Slight vibration on steering wheel at idle, I really dont know this is an issue or not. I have checked in couple of MJDs, mine vibrates a bit more than other Puntos, but I'm not sure whether I will be able to convince the SAs as this is very mild. Please let me know if any one has faced this issues before.
BMW-X5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 23:29   #251
BHPian
 
Soccerfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kochi
Posts: 591
Thanked: 54 Times
Default couple of issues im facing

1. When turning off the wiper from intermediate wipe position, sometimes it does one more wipe before turning off.
2. At times there is a delay between turning on the wiper and the wiper actually starting its movement.
3. After a trip, coming to a stop and then idling before turning off, after sometime a kind of "tick tick tick" sound is coming from the engine bay and disappears after sometime

Anybody having similar experiences?
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 01:46   #252
BHPian
 
better4worse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 302
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
1. When turning off the wiper from intermediate wipe position, sometimes it does one more wipe before turning off.
2. At times there is a delay between turning on the wiper and the wiper actually starting its movement.
3. After a trip, coming to a stop and then idling before turning off, after sometime a kind of "tick tick tick" sound is coming from the engine bay and disappears after sometime

Anybody having similar experiences?
I have observed and experienced point number 1 and 2 as mentioned above, but I don't find it as anything to be worried about!
better4worse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 18:58   #253
BHPian
 
BMW-X5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 187
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Guys ...
Any one faced the above (B&ME and Steering) issues? Any work arounds please.
BMW-X5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 23:55   #254
BHPian
 
somebodystopme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 498
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
1. When turning off the wiper from intermediate wipe position, sometimes it does one more wipe before turning off.
2. At times there is a delay between turning on the wiper and the wiper actually starting its movement.
3. After a trip, coming to a stop and then idling before turning off, after sometime a kind of "tick tick tick" sound is coming from the engine bay and disappears after sometime.

Anybody having similar experiences?
1. Mine is off when i say off. Better get it checked. But yes it does one more wipe when you pull the stalk for water thats just to make sure no drops are there.
2. May be there's an issue with your wiper system, get it checked.
3. I havent noticed it in mine. But this used to be there in my esteem. I dont think its much to worry about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
Guys, My Punto is going for the first service next week. I'm extremely happy with the car except a couple of niggling issues.
1- B&Me media player is not resuming from the track when stop and restart the engine. Some time it plays from where it has stopped :(.
.
Even mine doesnt after the repair work. What software are you on?
somebodystopme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 01:20   #255
BHPian
 
better4worse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 302
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Well I had an issue with my Punto, the driver's side lock was giving problems and just wouldn't let the key out without some effort. Yesterday, the lock just came out with the key ! So I had to visit the showroom today, incidentally the first service was also due for my Punto. I managed to get the lock issues sorted out. The guys at the workshop have fixed the problem, I'm hoping it doesn't re-occur. On the first service front, nothing much was done apart from water/coolant top ups,(no engine oil top up mind you) and air filter cleaning and overall health check. Post service, the car wash was ordinary, nothing great, but then again its pathetically ordinary at MASS as well, so I am definately going to complain about it. The guys were careless enough to spray water from the jet on my rear coax, but then again the same thing has happened at Maruti service stations as well.

I chose a weekday cause the workshop usually has less workload and is able to attend to the cars better. Its my first brush with Tata FIAT service, nothing exceptionally bad, in fact the guys were decently prompt and knew the stuff. In fact I managed to have a long chat with a couple of guys on the inside (service engineers, inventory store keepers) and managed to learn a fair bit about the Punto spare part pricing and the changes off late. The guys were fairly forthcoming and at times when they didn't know stuff about Punto, they were willing to refer back to the help manuals and do some due diligence.

Last edited by better4worse : 6th August 2010 at 01:30.
better4worse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Black Punto MJD - 30400 KM Completed - Some issues ~~VinZ~~ Long-Term Ownership Reviews 9 21st April 2011 18:37
Swift VDI+ABS or Fiat Punto MJD or New Fabia 1.2 Diesel. Edit- Booked Fiat Punto MJD magnanimousdude Hatchbacks 59 27th October 2010 13:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks