Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2010, 10:43   #256
Senior - BHPian
 
download2live's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,100
Thanked: 386 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
3. After a trip, coming to a stop and then idling before turning off, after sometime a kind of "tick tick tick" sound is coming from the engine bay and disappears after sometime
Does it come after a long trip?
Usually that is the sound of metal shrinking as it loses heat. Maybe some nut, some washer making that sound as it shrinks while cooling. Was there in my Pulsar also. No need to lose sleep over it.
download2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 12:04   #257
Senior - BHPian
 
download2live's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,100
Thanked: 386 Times
Default Rubber beading on rear door came out.

Hi,

I saw this rubber strip hanging out of its slot on the rear door. I could fix it by pushing it back on to the metal rim. I took the car to concorde get a broken mirror fixed. I asked him about that. He said it happens in every car. When ladies in sarees get in the car, saree can pull the beading off the rim as it runs over it. He pointed out that the same thing is there on the driver side also but it has not come off since I have been driving it.
Now is this common in other cars or he just lied to get out of the situation?

And also is there any permanent cure for it? Or it keeps popping out and i keep pushing it back?
download2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 15:34   #258
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,534
Thanked: 418 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Hi,

I saw this rubber strip hanging out of its slot on the rear door. I could fix it by pushing it back on to the metal rim. I took the car to concorde get a broken mirror fixed. I asked him about that. He said it happens in every car. When ladies in sarees get in the car, saree can pull the beading off the rim as it runs over it. He pointed out that the same thing is there on the driver side also but it has not come off since I have been driving it.
Now is this common in other cars or he just lied to get out of the situation?

And also is there any permanent cure for it? Or it keeps popping out and i keep pushing it back?
The rubber strip coming out is common..but the lady saree part is NOT..

come on, how can that happen ? Big time BS from the concord guy!!
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 01:35   #259
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Varanasi
Posts: 348
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

can anybody tell me whether its advisable to clean the engine compartment of my punto mjd using pressure jets , or i should just get it clean using air pressure pumps,i already got my engine waxed .please help me out
blueblooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 19:15   #260
BHPian
 
pk_del's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 120
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Need Help: Punto's clutch problem

Dear All,

I need your help to sort out this issue:

Make: Fiat
Model: Grand Punto Emotion Plus MJD

Color: Med Grey
Mileage: ~17000 KM

Area: Delhi, NCR region

History of the issue:

Recall on 14/03/2010 for clutch: The master slave clutch assembly was replaced under warranty on 14/03/2010.

Clutch slave cylinder failure on 14/09/2010: I was driving the car on the highway while going to office and suddenly the clutch got totally depressed. I called up Fiat RSA and they told me the car needs to be towed and the towing service will be charged.

The car was towed and the problem was fixed under warranty.

Visit to Dealer on 9/10/2010: I was facing some issues while changing the gears (the gear shift was not smooth), so I decided to take the car to the dealer. But to my surprise the dealership had closed its shop for indefinite period. This was very strange and very shocking.

Clutch slave cylinder failure on 12/10/2010 (around midnight): On the midnight of 12/10/2010 unfortunately I faced the same problem and the clutch slave cylinder failed and the clutch was totally depressed and I got stuck on a lonely road with my family. Somehow I managed to get back home and then I called up Fiat RSA and mentioned my problem.

This time I told them that I will not pay for towing charges. The towing was done free of charge and the slave cylinder was replaced under warranty.

Visit to Dealer on 26/10/2010: l was having difficulty in changing gears (sp. while engaging in reverse) so I took the car to the dealer. The mechanic mentioned that the clutch plates are not able to maintain the pressure hence they need to open them up for inspection.

I asked whether this is covered under warranty. Dealer said minor adjustment is covered, however, the clutch assembly is not covered. And the replacement, if needed, will cost around INR 6000/=.

Has any one faced this issue? I think this should not be the issue of clutch plates. I have OHC and I did not face any issues with the clutch for over 127 K KM's. Should I send an email to Fiat and ask them about free replacement (if needed)

I would like to take second opinion, could you please recommend me a good dealer in NCR who can help me with this issue. I have already shown my car to Him Motors on 26th Oct.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

PK

Anupam, could you please help me to hook up with Aditya at Rama motors?

Thanks

PK
pk_del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 21:13   #261
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 672
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

@pk_del : It seems that the job done by service station has been of poor quality .Also you do not need to pay for towing in warranty period .My take is take it to a better service centre.
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 21:28   #262
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 44,181
Thanked: 65,471 Times
Default

PK, Sorry to hear about your breakdowns. Its time you stop co-ordinating with dealers and touch base directly with Fiat. Write to them, be firm that you will NOT accept unreliability in a brand new car and to sort things out ASAP. They had run a recall on the master slave kits, and I suspect the dealer fitted old stock parts on your car (not the updated design).

Let Fiat decide which dealer you should visit, and which part is eventually fitted in your car.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2010, 10:46   #263
BHPian
 
pk_del's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 120
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Thank you GTO. I spoke to FIAT Pune and they gave me the number of the FIAT head in NCR. I spoke to him and he recommended me to take the car to Him Motors for complete diagnosis.

They will then decide which part needs replacement and I have also mentioned that the work should be carried out under warranty as it is brand new car.

He said that first let us find the issue. I hope the things gets resolved otherwise all the advice given by my friends and relatives of not buying FIAT will start haunting me.

Thanks again.

-PK
pk_del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 20:55   #264
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 106
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Guys, I have a peculiar problem and I need some pointers so I can go prepared to the service centre. This happens only on a cold start - the clutch after going 3/4ths of the way offers some bit of resistance and before it is fully depressed. The problem soon vanishes as soon as I have driven for 2-3 mins and then I never face it even if it is parked for a few hours someplace. Its going to be difficult "proving" the problem to the service centre, since the problem would've gone by the time I get there so looking for some help to describe what the problem could be. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I've done 11k on my MJD. Cars been brilliant and this is really the first niggle/issue I've had until now.
milestogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 21:37   #265
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,541
Thanked: 7,994 Times
Default

Is the steering lock failure a known issue in Punto? My car's steering lock has stopped working, it does not lock at all.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 22:30   #266
BHPian
 
arishi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Thane - Mumbai
Posts: 291
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Is the steering lock failure a known issue in Punto? My car's steering lock has stopped working, it does not lock at all.
Have read in some other forum about this issue, but apparently it was the owner who was not trying it correctly. Can you specify if you are trying it with the key out of the ignition or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
Guys, I have a peculiar problem and I need some pointers so I can go prepared to the service centre. This happens only on a cold start - the clutch after going 3/4ths of the way offers some bit of resistance and before it is fully depressed. The problem soon vanishes as soon as I have driven for 2-3 mins and then I never face it even if it is parked for a few hours someplace. Its going to be difficult "proving" the problem to the service centre, since the problem would've gone by the time I get there so looking for some help to describe what the problem could be. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I've done 11k on my MJD. Cars been brilliant and this is really the first niggle/issue I've had until now.
I had a similar issue in my GP, took it to FORTUNE POWAI, the SA, Mr. Rajendran suggested to bleed to Clutch. I think they had to put in about a quart of Clutch Oil while bleeding, but this resolved the issue, never faced this issue again. Its been more than 2K and 2months since then. Try doing the same at TASS

Last edited by arishi1 : 1st November 2010 at 22:35.
arishi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 22:41   #267
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 106
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Thanks arishi1 - that was useful. My SA when I was in mumbai was Rajendran as well - hope his leg/ankle fracture is now all okay. I'm still deciding ( dreading rather) where in Blore I should take my Punto for the 15k service. Unless folks have a recommendation, I'm planning to take it to KHT in whitefield. Does anyone have a service or SA that they would recommend in Blore ( in KHT or elsewhere).
milestogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 12:11   #268
BHPian
 
sbkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 329
Thanked: 70 Times
Default

Hi all,

I recently bought a GP 1.3 Emotion ( took delivery on 31st Oct). I took it on a long trip last Thursday night. It was about 600kms one way and was raining for most part. On Friday early morning, I noticed a crack on the windshield. It was arch shaped and of about 15cms in length. Since it was night and it was raining continuously, we never noticed it before that. The crack has started from the beading and proceed upwards like an arch. Since I was long way away from BLR, I had to drive it back and now it looks like it has increased in length by probably another 5 cms. I called up Prerana Hosur road and they told me I have to apply for insurance. I don't remember anything abnormal happened while driving and even took a dinner break at the usual A2B krishnagiri. There was no indication ( at least to my eyes) of anything falling on top and I really doubt that would be case as the crack has started from the place it has been joined to the body. Is claiming insurance the only option? Any pointers please?
sbkumar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 13:03   #269
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NOIDA
Posts: 201
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post
Thank you GTO. I spoke to FIAT Pune and they gave me the number of the FIAT head in NCR. I spoke to him and he recommended me to take the car to Him Motors for complete diagnosis.

They will then decide which part needs replacement and I have also mentioned that the work should be carried out under warranty as it is brand new car.

He said that first let us find the issue. I hope the things gets resolved otherwise all the advice given by my friends and relatives of not buying FIAT will start haunting me.

Thanks again.

-PK
Dear PK,

Is the problem solved?
Please let me know- saw your post today.

In case any help needed let me know.

Thanks & Regards
Anupam00

Last edited by anupam00 : 22nd November 2010 at 13:22. Reason: updated spell
anupam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 15:12   #270
Newbie
 
SudhanshuSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 16
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Hi all,

I recently bought a GP 1.3 Emotion ( took delivery on 31st Oct). I took it on a long trip last Thursday night. It was about 600kms one way and was raining for most part. On Friday early morning, I noticed a crack on the windshield. It was arch shaped and of about 15cms in length. Since it was night and it was raining continuously, we never noticed it before that. The crack has started from the beading and proceed upwards like an arch. Since I was long way away from BLR, I had to drive it back and now it looks like it has increased in length by probably another 5 cms. I called up Prerana Hosur road and they told me I have to apply for insurance. I don't remember anything abnormal happened while driving and even took a dinner break at the usual A2B krishnagiri. There was no indication ( at least to my eyes) of anything falling on top and I really doubt that would be case as the crack has started from the place it has been joined to the body. Is claiming insurance the only option? Any pointers please?
Dont limit this to the dealer/workshop.

If you are dead sure that it is not an accicent/external damage, shake up FIAT. These guys are cutting corners with cheap parts and poor quality of labour.

Be firm and ask for a replacement under warranty. Claiming insurance is last thing. and yes, If you do opt for insurance, put it on record that you had asked for a replacement, but refused. That way, if the glass starts to crack agiain, you will be at a better position to demand replacement.

Also, please be sure that they conduct a proper shower tets after your glass is replaced. They did this job on my Linea in Oct last year when Rohit Sharma broke my windshield with a Six. I got compensation, but poor workmanship at dealer caused biger problems when rainwater started entering the cabin from the poorly sealed wind shield border.

My car was fully drenched from inside. There was water inside, almost 1 inch above carpet level.

please take care.
SudhanshuSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Black Punto MJD - 30400 KM Completed - Some issues ~~VinZ~~ Long-Term Ownership Reviews 9 21st April 2011 18:37
Swift VDI+ABS or Fiat Punto MJD or New Fabia 1.2 Diesel. Edit- Booked Fiat Punto MJD magnanimousdude Hatchbacks 59 27th October 2010 13:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:48.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks