| || |
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|26th October 2009, 14:22||#61|
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Back 2 Bangy
Thanked: 216 Times
13.Would prefer the headlights a bit higher : A bit higher , sorry i am not able to follow you .
Apologies. I meant the headlight beam. I find it a bit too close to my comfort. I like the angle in the Swift though the reflected the the Punto is much better.
Nope, I didn't have the idea that the plastics would be as they are.However,all said, I am not much into plastics. My favourite part is the handling. Was driving down from Hassan via Magadi.It was a thrill to throw the car into corners at 80k+.Since this thread was dedicated to the niggles/issues, I thought I'd air my opinion.
I too had issues with the parcel shelf but a lil bit of superglue, manual labor and a service complaint dealt with it.
Above all this, I would say that the service I have received from Concorde Motors have been beyond my expectations.
If there was a thread about "What I like in my Punto", I guess i can fill pages
|3rd November 2009, 14:57||#62|
Hi i have a punto 1.4 emotion pack. i took delviery of the vehicle on wednesday last week, my only crib so far has been the indicator stock - i assume this a problem as it takes more than 1 full turn of the steering wheel before the indicator can cancel itself. So in city driving most right and left turns donot require me to complete a full turn of the steering wheel (i guess this is only gonna be lesser on highway at speed).
So the indicator does not cancel itself after i have turned. anyone else faced this before, can one of you tell me how many turns of the steering wheel it takes in ur punto before u hear the click of the indicator (indicating that it will cancel itself when the steering returns to center).
|3rd November 2009, 18:15||#63|
Join Date: Sep 2009
Thanked: 6 Times
I am expecting my Punto MJD emotion pack anytime now. I did the PDI recently in the dealer's stockyard. The only minor problems I found:
- Bonnet support rod didn't fit easily into its slot in the bonnet; there was something wrong with it. Something was stuck in it. The sales person readily accepted to get it corrected.
- The glove box was loose, and opening/closing was not satisfactory. (But nothing will be done about it.)
- Also, the tyres are Goodyear, would have liked to have bridgestone as stock tyres. And exchanging with Michelin is approx. Rs. 5k more because Goodyears fetch less in market.
Sometime back, in the showroom vehicle, the boot didn't close; the levers got stuck and even the sales person gave up. It did become OK eventually - seemed like the hooks had got stuck. Sales person commented that "It is showroom vehicle, expect it to have problems!" It was pointless to tell him that these vehicles need to be designed for hundreds of thousands of such rough wear and tear operations.
So small niggles here and there, and I am not finding them so alarming.
|3rd November 2009, 19:20||#64|
Join Date: Nov 2007
Thanked: 35 Times
well, my share of issues with my GP -
1. the boot door is not properly aligned. Between the right and the left, there is a tad more gap on the left side of the car.
2. Plastics quality are anyways being discussed and hence shall not dwell into that.
3. Has anyone noticed the gear lever leather is of so poor a quality in comparison to the palio?
4. the hand brake lever's switch has already developed scratches due to regular use. Ditto with the door levers.
5. Also, I have to really bang the doors shut. A small pull/push does not close them. Is anyone else facing the same problem?
Nothing else, I can think of at the moment.
Just hope FIAT resolves all these problems at the earliest.
Last edited by gods-envy : 3rd November 2009 at 19:22.
|4th November 2009, 15:45||#66|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Aug 2009
Thanked: 817 Times
1. Flimsy fuel lid cap. Refuses to fit properly.
2. Problem with the back seat locks. Fell forward while driving !
3. Blue & Me should've come with the latest software ( 5.4.09 ) from the company. Instead I had to upgrade from an older version.
No other major complaints yet ( touchwood ).
|4th November 2009, 16:18||#67|
i successfully completed the Blue & me update through the USB drive yesterday. Now, it refuses to play from my ipod, i want to know whether this is because i donot have the B&M ipod adapter?
the reason i am asking this is because the ipod worked quite well prior to the update.
|4th November 2009, 18:14||#68|
Join Date: Feb 2009
Thanked: 470 Times
Here is my set of issues
- Rear parcel tray rack still remains broken.
- Lever to open the bonnet fell-off automatically.
- Front left door emanates a jarring sound when speakers are ON.
- First two gears are very short. You need to be sure that you are in appropriate gears everytime.
- The car sometime stalls while shifting gears. I don't know whether it is because of the way I shift gears.
Other than these things, I absolutely love my baby. Just fighting with the mad bikers daily, to keep her scratch free.
|8th November 2009, 12:57||#71|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: May 2007
Thanked: 1,163 Times
Its here :
and also this :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-kulkarni.html (New Car PreDelivery Inspection List Part I, II, III and IV (by Kishor kulkarni))
Last edited by aaggoswami : 8th November 2009 at 12:59.
|9th November 2009, 01:07||#72|
“Passionate Red Grande Punto Multijet” Need your advice regarding the delivery.
Hi just happened to do PDI of my allotted punto today at Rama motors delhi.
About Auto Loan.
First I do need to mention I am getting the car after Horrible service from HDFC bank auto loan dept., which took more than 2 weeks to get me the car that too at horribly high rate of interest with high pf. I went ahead with them for more money in first place as I thought they will be quick. But my bad was getting cheaper rate of interest from Axis bank also have heard they are quite quick and for considerable decent pf. Though they still fail to disburse the loan but have promised me that on basis of some “Delivery order” they can get me the car on Monday that is tomorrow. Though am sure they’ll fail at this also and then I wont be able to take delivery before thrusday as am traveling.
Anyway that’s the worst part of it all
Today when I did PDI of my punto there are few things that are bothering me
1. There is considerable gap between the fender and bonnet on right hand side, Which when asked from mechanic he said it will stay that way only. Please check the picture.
2. This plastic is broken from middle the sales man told me its in two pieces but in other punto’s it seemed one. Though mechanic did his job well to fix it but still it doesn’t seem as one. Check the Picture (this is before repair)
3. There are two scratches on the right front alloy, which I have made up my mind to ignore as my dad says its not like it will never get scratched otherwise. Which is quite right. Check the Picture.
4. Other than this there was this sticker pasted on bumper which all can see has been removed it did get me suspicious but the sales man said its something to do with their stick yard.
5. Inside this car there are no tapping on the door knobs like we got in i20, there were no tappin on the key to protect fiat logo, I have seen it in somebody’s linea. No tapping on the LCD of auto ac or music system, no taping on gauge console like we got in our i10. It does make me suspicious but car has done just exact 50KM and everything seemed fine though I couldn’t drive it and test it. As they didn’t allow that it was too low on fuel for that as it is.
What to do? Should I go ahead with the delivery or ask for another car. Though I realize its all in the mind but still I need to confirm with fellow Punters. Love you all.
|9th November 2009, 02:12||#73|
Look for the scratches in this pic, though very faint here but glare in reality.
See the difference in gap between the bonnet and two fenders.
The broken plastic before repair
|9th November 2009, 08:45||#74|
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mysuru mattu Bengaluru
Thanked: 101 Times
I was doing the PDI of my Punto Emotion on 04.11.2009. Following are the points I noticed;
1. Left side front wheel cover damaged - will be replaced by the time of delivery.
2. Co-passenger side AC vent damaged - will be replaced by the time of delivery.
3. Reading on ODO was 22 kms.
4. A small scratch on the left wheel arch - polished and cleared then and there.
I think you can take this car and ask for replacement of all the parts which you suspect are not good. The gap between fender and bonnet is similar to that on my car and looks like usual.
Also my car had no plastic cover on the instrument cluster and the music system.
Last edited by MCR : 9th November 2009 at 08:49. Reason: Added sentence.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Black Punto MJD - 30400 KM Completed - Some issues||~~VinZ~~||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||9||21st April 2011 18:37|
|Swift VDI+ABS or Fiat Punto MJD or New Fabia 1.2 Diesel. Edit- Booked Fiat Punto MJD||magnanimousdude||Hatchbacks||59||27th October 2010 13:18|