Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 14th July 2009, 19:32   #1
BHPian

Exclamation Competent Garage at Manipal, Karnartaka

Hi All,

I have been recently shifted from Mysore to Manipal. I drove down in my Uno, but somewhere along the way I happened to hit a very big bump with my left wheel. (It was pouring and visibility was a problem).

I beleive that the left wheel brake has now become a little stiff because of which it his still holding on to the wheel, even after releasing it.
This has caused the motion of the wheel to jam a little and although the car moves, the stiffness can be felt.
Also, this has led to the left wheel being heated on a drive more than a kilometer.

If anyone has any knowledge of a competent machanic and the directions to get there in Manipal , I shall take my car to him.
Any other suggestions and thoughts are also welcome. Infact any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mods: If this thread is in an inappropriate place please move it.
prateekswarup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 10:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

Contact Samurai,He's from that place , I think he might be of some help for you
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 12:25   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a chap behind the Indianoil pump (on the left) or may be behind some shops around that place as you come up to Manipal from Udupi. This fellow manages the cars of most Profs (most brands) and students and used to be with Khyati (Maruti A$$). @CrackedHead is a big fan, as is my son.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 14:01   #4
BHPian

On the downhill from Manipal towards Parkala, there is a garage opposite to Hotel Ashlesh (or may be slightly ahead). There is one Mr. Kudav whom you can trust.
Minardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 14:09   #5
BHPian

Thanks shuhrutha, sgiitk & minardi for the quick response. Crackhead PM'd a number to me.
@ sgiitk, i think that's the same guy crackhead mentioned.

Currently I went to a Maruti garage downhill from the MIT gate towards Udipi. He seems to be a competent chap and has a decent garage. He claims to have had the problem solved. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Else, will try the suggestions. Thanks again guys! Its very difficult to find a decent garage at a new place, especially for a outdated model, that too FIAT.
Old 15th July 2009, 15:36   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekswarup View Post
Thanks shuhrutha, sgiitk & minardi for the quick response. Crackhead PM'd a number to me.
@ sgiitk, i think that's the same guy crackhead mentioned.

Yes. Must be the same chap. I have seen Ikon's, Corsa's with him. He handles most brands. Has good resources and get spares quite fast.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 17:37   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi View Post
On the downhill from Manipal towards Parkala, there is a garage opposite to Hotel Ashlesh (or may be slightly ahead). There is one Mr. Kudav whom you can trust.
He is a nice chap, you can try him, but he can't handle modern vehicles or complicated stuff.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 14:29   #8
BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
He is a nice chap, you can try him, but he can't handle modern vehicles or complicated stuff.
I wonder if the Uno comes under complicated stuff!

But thanks Samurai. I think I'll try crackhead's suggestion for the next tuneup. (The brakes need to be adjusted. ) Probably will do it Tuesday or Wednesday.

Once again, a big thank you to everybody!