Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 9th August 2009, 12:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
did you try Mahaveers on GP Road ?
While I was in Chennai,I went there looking for a Versa/WagonR/Alto caliper sliding pin kit.I even had the part no. of Brakes India with me but yet they could not locate it.They first showed me grease and then showed me a dabba full of loose caliper pins.The staff is dumb and it appears that the only competent person there is the young boss;eventually walked up to Sundaram Motors on Mount Road and got what I was looking for.

Jai Mahaveer !!!!
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2009, 12:54   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
The staff is dumb and it appears that the only competent person there is the young boss;
Jai Mahaveer !!!!
I could not agree more. The staff there are real dumb. I always talk to the 'young boss' while I am there. I have been given wrong filters many a times by the staff.
Sundaram Motors, dont sell parts for all the cars across the counter. For eg, Opel Parts . I am at the mercy of shops like mahaveer and second option is Pudupet

Last edited by vdiatech : 9th August 2009 at 12:56.
vdiatech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 09:46   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil8089 View Post
Hi tollgate,

While I gone there "Scan a Car", they were working with a Logan (which got damaged in an accident). At that time he was telling me that Logan parts are quiet expensive, but somehow he managed to get the spares. I think he may know some sources.

Also, try with this fellow. I am not sure about Logan, but they source items from other cities for many cars, even in low quantities.

Benz Automobiles,
Wellington Plaza,
G. P. Road,
Chennai

Phone : 044 -28607412
Hi sunil, i called up the scan a car people, i might go this week for a scan. will update soon with exp
toll gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 07:58   #19
BHPian

OK, Tollgate
I agree that most of the staff at Mahavir are not upto the mark. Also the place is always crowded. They are not systematic in sevring and it take too much time to get items from their stores. So I stopped going to Mahavir. But the owner of the shop is a nice and educated person.

Benz automobiles is a nice option, which is not at all crowded. Also most of the staff there understand what you are asking for. Also Rehman and sons is a good shop for tools and accessories.
sunil8089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 08:24   #20
BHPian

The Matiz check light problem could be engine overheating due to AC on high speed. Get your radiator and AC condenser cleaned and have your AC serviced. Ageing Matiz often face this problem.

If you have driven more than 80000 kms, then the fuel pump may also start acting funny. It gets overheated and stops the fuel supply for few seconds, stalling the car. Then you will have to change the pump. Try to get a Bosch pump as Chinese pumps are very unreliable.

I had also changed many sensors in my Matiz due to the same problem but real cause is above.

Last edited by akj53 : 11th August 2009 at 08:25.
akj53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 09:39   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil8089 View Post
OK, Tollgate
I agree that most of the staff at Mahavir are not upto the mark. Also the place is always crowded.
==============
Also Rehman and sons is a good shop for tools and accessories.
alrite, will check out benz and rehman. will update soon abt my exp
toll gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 11:55   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toll gate View Post
alrite, will check out benz and rehman. will update soon abt my exp
i called up benz for a part for my corsa. they immediately said 'no we dont have it, try mahavir' ! Well after an agonising wait at Mahavir, I got the part yesterday. Its either Mahavir or Pudupet for Corsa owners like me I suppose...
vdiatech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 12:48   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
I have had similar problems in my Matiz (1999). Had to change ECU, also changed teh wire harness.

In your case, check the connectors in your fuse box. Check all fuses and relays in the fuse box, cleaning the ends too. Interchange relays, especially the Hi-Speed and Lo-Speed fan relays. Have the error code diagnosis done.
Hi Kumar,
I also have 2001 Matiz SG, and having similar problems as Sunil8089. Do you know service stations in Mumbai or Navi Mumbai where the scanning and required servicing is done?

Thanks beforehand
kshirekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 13:15   #24
Senior - BHPian

Scanning - doubt if anyone has the diagnostic devices anymore, but they short the circuit below the glove box and read teh error signals.

I can think of 2 service centres - the one I go to is in Thane Wagle Estate, Mavis Auto. You can call Sudhir there at 9821159635/9323510150/25828989.
They know me well there, they have good electricians, SOS service and know ehere to source the parts, besides having mechanics experienced in teh Matiz, since they used to be a ASC for Daewoo.
Another guy is a garage in Powai, set up by a guy who left Mavis - Madan, 9867322707
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 13:20   #25

Thanks Kumar, appreciate your promptness.
I live in Nerul, so Mavis would be the best place to check.
kshirekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 13:32   #26
Senior - BHPian

So all guys are looking for service centre in Chennai/Mumbai. Can anyone help me on a bangalore address. even i(my dad) have a Matiz 2000 model. It is not having any problem. Just to have a note of numbers in case needed
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote