Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Closed Thread

Old 28th June 2005, 15:50   #1
Team-BHP Support

Default Rats!

If you search this forum you will find out that i have been troubling my fellow members quite a lot with my occasional starting problem in indica. Well the workshop guys found out thats the alternator required extensive repair, to the tune of approx 1500Rs(Some electronic parts like regulator etc., need to be replaced and they are expensive). Why did it get damaged. Well overloading due to "occaisonal short circuit". A set of wires were damaged. And the cause, well Rats. It seems that a rat or rats gnawed through some cables. Now there are in engine area so no use of rat treatment also. In Bangalore a rat used to make my car its night home and i had to use Rat kill in the car and engine compartment to drive it away, but i was not aware that it would cause such expensive damage! Fellow, any tips about ratty problems?
Old 28th June 2005, 16:02   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
! Fellow, any tips about ratty problems?
Simple get a cat.
Old 28th June 2005, 16:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

Surely, SS can answer that...lol
Old 28th June 2005, 16:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

lol ... i dont know what will work here dude ..park your car somewhere else maybe ?

i remmember as a kid ..we used to have cats climbing up to the engine bay area in our Padminis during winters ..
Old 28th June 2005, 16:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

hahahah you got that right deeps....check out SS anti rat protection methods and equipment.

Rev
Old 28th June 2005, 16:24   #6
BHPian

Well,dude tsk1979,call Godrej Hi-Care Pest Control Services.
Their Delhi No. is 55604050
They have a Car Protection Pest Control plan,for which they charge Rs500 for each visit.
Go in for it dude.
Suraj
Old 28th June 2005, 16:30   #7
Senior - BHPian

This should give you a preview of what ss has ....

Rev
Old 28th June 2005, 16:42   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech

this should give you a preview of what ss has ....
Rev
wtf was that dusters in the engine ..whose car is that ?
why do you just keep changing parking places ..
Old 28th June 2005, 17:00   #9
Team-BHP Support

Hey, this reminds me of the incident when my Acura 3.2TL broke down, the only time it ever happened. One afternoon I got into car and turned on the ignition. I heard some whiplash kind of sound and the ignition was on. Then I put it on reverse to get out of the driveway and nothing happened. The car simply didn't move. After several tries I got out and went around the car, no flat tyres either. Then I suddenly noticed a tiny and bloody finger that might belong to a rodent. I opened the hood and found a squirrel in 100 pieces. Apparently this squirrel was sleeping between the engine belt, and when I started the engine... you know the rest. As a result the belt slipped and the car was dead in the track. I tried putting back the belt, but it was too hard to be done without professional help.

It cost me $100 dollars for getting it cleaned and fixed at the dealer. At least the towing was free thanks to Acura Road side service. The tow-truck driver couldn't stop laughing all the way to the dealership. However, he did suggest banging the top of the dashboard loudly before starting the car everyday...
Old 28th June 2005, 17:03   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Topic has been previously discussed : How do you protect your car from RATS? (How do you protect your car from rats?)

Please continue the discussion at the previous topic.

This thread is closed

GTO
Closed Thread