Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 3rd August 2009, 18:46   #1
BHPian

Unhappy Mileage Problem (Accent CRDi) after Scheduled Diesel Engine Purge!

My Accent CRDi's was scheduled serviced at 58000 kms from Hyundai Service Center. I get my services done at regular 8000 kms intervals. Besides regular parts changed such as diesel filter / oil filter / air filter / engine oil etc. I got de-carbonizing with Wynns diesel engine purger.

After the service/purge was done, i clocked 2000 kms more and I found some problem with the mileage, which has drastically dropped to 8-10 kmpl on Highways. This bothered me a lot and I took my car to service center, where they cleaned the fuel injectors and catalytic convertor at 60000 kms. Since my car was not emitting any black smoke before and after the service is done.

Now at 63000 kms done the problem remains the same. Mileage!

Please guide some solutions!

Thankyou!

(PS: pics are attached, please excuse for low resolution)
Attached Thumbnails
Mileage Problem (Accent CRDi) after Scheduled Diesel Engine Purge!-abcd0004.jpg  

Mileage Problem (Accent CRDi) after Scheduled Diesel Engine Purge!-abcd0002.jpg  

Mileage Problem (Accent CRDi) after Scheduled Diesel Engine Purge!-abcd0003.jpg  

Mileage Problem (Accent CRDi) after Scheduled Diesel Engine Purge!-abcd0001.jpg  

sizoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2009, 19:16   #2
BANNED

was the decarbonizing done at service center and is wynn's recommended by service center??

mean while check for turbo pipe leaks.

and with same imp. check for the Solenoid Purge Control Valve,

check if the injection pump seals are broken, do you smell diesel.??
Thomas8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 11:29   #3
BHPian

Some more pointers are required here, regarding any change in feel, mileage before, any other changes etc
athalaga is offline   Reply With Quote