Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 3rd June 2015, 12:30   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Swift AC Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Wecool Tobias 080 25364270 just off Garuda mall/Margrath Road. You will have to go with the same type of compressor that came with the car, since putting a different model would require more parts to be changed and hence more cost.

Prices keeps on varying, just take the car there so that they can find out the make and model and confirm back on current price.
Thank you for sharing the contact details will contact wecool.

Also the reason I am confused about the compressor type is because 2 of the AC mechanincs suggested that I go for piston type compressor as rotary types are know to fail early and also are not repairable but the other way round, seems that the piston type gives better life and also in case of problems they can be repaired.

Please suggest guys.

Thanks,
Vijay
vijay_k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2015, 12:59   #47
Team-BHP Support

2006 Vxi i have a feeling it would be normal piston type compressor. Variable geometry came later with diesels IIRC, longevity part am not very sure, but variable ones are more efficient and saves fuel.
Jaggu is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2015, 14:57   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
2006 Vxi i have a feeling it would be normal piston type compressor. Variable geometry came later with diesels IIRC, longevity part am not very sure, but variable ones are more efficient and saves fuel.
Hi Jaggu,

Thank you for all your inputs, will try to get the variable geometry once.

Regards,
Vijay
vijay_k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2016, 18:01   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
Hi Jaggu,

Thank you for all your inputs, will try to get the variable geometry once.

Regards,
Vijay
Hi Vijay,

is there an update on this issue ? I'm going through the same problem with my swift 2005 model and i require some information on what fixed your problem and where you got it fixed. Thanks in anticipation.
ravigop is offline   Reply With Quote