Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 11th August 2009, 14:04   #16
BHPian

I got it checked with neighbourhood mechanic and He said it is a fuel pump issue. After this I took it to Maruti Sales and Service Naraina and the guys there told it is a clutch issue. He got it tuned by removing all spark plugs and doing something with them + got the clutch tight by rotation of some screw inside the lower side of bonnet. I don't see much difference in driving after driving it for about 100 kms. Maruti workshop was so full that they didn't even drove the car and came to the Clutch problem conclusion with the information that I provided them verbally. I shall be driving like this for another 4-5K kms like this and then see what to with this issue.

Any idea what would they have attained by tuning the spark plugs?
Sang is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 15:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang View Post
If the clutch is going bad, no matter howmuch you rev the car wount go fast, I remember where it rained cats and dogs in hyderabad, I drove my esteem through one of such heavy rain, water went inside the spark plugs and the engine started loosing power, basically the sparkplugs were not firing, no matter how much i press the throttle the car wont move, and will jerk. so i guess they must be trying to find out of all the plugs are firing.

Thanks,

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 10:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got it checked with neighbourhood mechanic and He said it is a fuel pump issue. After this I took it to Maruti Sales and Service Naraina and the guys there told it is a clutch issue. He got it tuned by removing all spark plugs and doing something with them + got the clutch tight by rotation of some screw inside the lower side of bonnet. I don't see much difference in driving after driving it for about 100 kms. Maruti workshop was so full that they didn't even drove the car and came to the Clutch problem conclusion with the information that I provided them verbally. I shall be driving like this for another 4-5K kms like this and then see what to with this issue.

How about getting it checked with Maruti owned and controlled workshop i.e. Service Masters, Okhla. They seems to fix things more perfectly then that of other workshops.
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 11:29   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
How about getting it checked with Maruti owned and controlled workshop i.e. Service Masters, Okhla. They seems to fix things more perfectly then that of other workshops.
Maruti Sales and Service Naraina is also Maruti owned and controlled workshop. Services masters Okhla is too far from my home, I shall be waiting till next service before going back to them for getting it attended.
Sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2012, 12:20   #20
BHPian

Default Re: Problem with pickup in Baleno

Quote:

Did the issue of low pickup get resolved? If yes, how?
prateek_ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2013, 15:58   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti Sales and Service Naraina is also Maruti owned and controlled workshop. Services masters Okhla is too far from my home, I shall be waiting till next service before going back to them for getting it attended.
@Sang, what happened thereafter? I guess I am in the same situation you were in earlier. Could you please update?
petrolhead_chn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2013, 16:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Just highlighting something that I am facing too.

I have a 2 year old Chevy Beat Petrol with 18k on the ODO. Since the last 6 months I am also getting bad jerks when I accelerate of decelerate.
The problem of Linear Acceleration / Deceleration is missing in my car too.

Say, I am at 60kmph and I take off my foot from the pedal, the car feels extremely sluggish and starts giving mild jerks. It feels as if someone is pulling back the car. The solution that I do is to keep the clutch pressed till I slow down and lower the gear. Same while accelerating. I keep the accelerator pressed and the pickup starts in bit and pieces. Not a linear / smooth acceleration.

I realised this when my wife started complaining as to why I have started driving like cabbies - hard pick up and sudden slow down. She complains that the car has been giving too many jerks.

The car has gone through 2 scheduled services (15k and 20k) at Kropex Chevy Dealer/Service Center in B'lore.
The last time when I complained about this, the Service Associate said that I was not using the clutch effectively. He said that I need to keep the clutch mildly pressed when decelerating and accelerating !!! This came as a shocker, but nevertheless I ignored him.

For the last 2 years, I have always refuelled at Shell, baring two or three occasions (might be around 10 litres in total). So I can safely rule out this possibility.

From all the responses that I have seen above, I could only relate to the car wash station guy aiming the water jet in the engine bay. Could this cause the problem ?
If this is something to do with the throttle body, spark plugs or the fuel pump, isn't it too early for a 18k run car ?

I might need to again go back to the service center to complain about this. I am sure the service associate won't have any clue regarding the problem except that I have to keep the clutch pressed.
So I need to have some pointers that I can mention about to the service associate. Please Help.
Soumyajit9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2016, 18:47   #23
BHPian

I am having a pickup problem with my Maruti Wagon R. When the A/C is running at maximum, the car slows down even on a low incline slope. And even when the A/C is not on, negotiating a reasonable incline of 25 or 30 degrees is a hassle. I sometimes have to shift to 1st gear to get over a speed breaker.
Zezé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2016, 18:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

^^ How many kms has the car covered?

Two solutions - throttle body cleaning and if that still doesn't solve the problem , injectors cleaning.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2016, 11:08   #25
BHPian

Thanks for the response.

Just over 12k kms. The car is used quite sparingly for longish distances. For shorter rides, we use Maruti 800.

Would the two suggested solutions be part of a regular service, which is due in any case
Zezé is offline   Reply With Quote