Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 12th August 2009, 09:47   #1
Question Scorpio vlx mhawk problem with ECU.

Guys my car is with service station at mahindra global gallarie thane at kolshet workshop from past 2 days

The problem which i was facing was that the car was showing check indicator so i called up a workshop service advisor he said me that there might be some minor electrical problem with the ecu and asked me to bring the car to service station as they will connect laptop with it and solve it in few minutes so i was going there while on the way the car was jerking whenever i shifted the gear and after changing the gear when i would leave the clutch the car would give up all pick-up and it would go slow and it would not go above 100-110kmph after full acceleration.
as i discussed the problem with the service advisor he took the test drive and confirmed the problem he said that there might be problem with the accelerator sensor or airfilter sensor so he asked to leave the car and he would call me whenever the car is ready.

But at night he called me and said me that he is not able to rectify the problem so might keep the car he said that they are reseting the check indicator but whenever they are going above 100kmph the light again blink ups and again car leaves the pick-up and have jerks.

he said me he is trying but i am not satisfied by his reply.

So guys i want help from you experts please if possible then help me guys.

please if you can solve my problem please help me. What might be the problem with my car?
desi_wananchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 10:29   #2
Team-BHP Support

Check the error code, it will show which sensor is giving out an incorrect reading. Once this is done they should be able to diagnose it easily.

Your service advisers first guess was correct, accelerator sensor or air map sensor. Its very difficult to guess the kind of issue, without hooking up the scanner.

How is the fuel quality?
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 15:03   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

* Acc sensor malfunction will make it switch internally to limp-home mode. Forget 100kmph, it will be more like 20kmph peak

* Air sensor (O2, lambda etc.) will try to limit torque, but that will only limit pick-up, not top speed

* The likely culprit is the crankshaft position sensor signal (could be as simple as excessive noise, or regular intermittence which does not get classified as error), which makes the injection calculator unsure at high engine rpm. Could be rail pressure too - real or apparent lower pressure would cause the injection range to be re-adjusted correspondingly

* Ask the service guy for the error code, and tell him not to reset it. It is important to observe in a planned test cycle how many times the error occurred and when. Post the error codes here, someone will be able to help
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 17:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

moisture in the diesel pump of my verna restricted my verna CRDi's RPM to 3000 RPM , during one of our night drives to maddur.

But in this case the diesel filter lamp did light up , so i knew something was amiss but did not make out what it was until i floored the car to catch up with other BHPians. At 3000 RPM the verna still does manage a 130-140 kmph max. without this light turning on the car easily accelerator into 190 kmph with the petes box.

Last edited by hellstar : 12th August 2009 at 17:28.
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 08:30   #5
Default Thanxs for your reply

The problem was with Vaccum Pump the service advisor said and they replaced it under warranty. but to diagnose the problem they took actually 5 days.
But still i am not happy with the car the engine does not rev up more than 2500 rpm and 110 khmp speed only and when seven people are seated in the car it lacks pick-up. its running but the problem is not solved.
Fuel economy has also gone down as at 2500 rpm engines revs full.
what to do?
desi_wananchi is offline   Reply With Quote