Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 15th August 2009, 19:21   #16
BHPian

do no accept any form of patch work. Noted. Thanks.

I have sent the mail again to Fiat India guys. This time with URLs instead of the photos. seems to have worked this time around! yey.

They did not reply to my earlier complaints. I do not expect anything different this time around either.

I would get in touch with ABS Motors tomorrow morning and see what they have in store for me.

I am not expecting anything positive though. My earlier experiences with them have been pretty disappointing.

Anyone here can suggest if Rama Motors would be more helpful? They are I believe highly recommended by Fiat car owners on Team BHP. they are pretty far away though.
Sushubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 19:27   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

I am reminded of the brand new Ambassadors, Padminis and Mahindra jeeps that used to start rusting from day one, once out of the assembly lines.
This is 2009 and thats Fiat directly from Italy here for us, fighting for an image change and survival in India saying its their comeback move.
Sushubh- you must teach them a lesson if they don't relent.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 19:57   #18
BHPian

as i like to say... Fiat Linea is practically a Tata Indica with Italian user interface!
Old 15th August 2009, 21:02   #19
BHPian

Fiat Service will also ask you to take it to dealer for repair/repaint. So stick to getting the part replaced and not repainted. They will relent because they are supposed to replace it.
jinu_joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 22:47   #20
BHPian

but the replacement panel would still be painted at the dealer's end? from what i know the company would send a generic replacement part and the color has to be matched at the dealer's end with the car's body color.
Old 15th August 2009, 22:55   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

By the look at the place where it has rusted . It is possible that someone must have used some sharp edged object which had the paint peeling off and due to rains it has started rusting .Also paint process is completely robotized so there is no chance that the spot was not painted .
Since it is on the interior side just get the spot scraped with sand paper , apply some primer with a small brush , let it dry and then touch up with a paint using a small brush.It would be better than getting the whole panel painted which will not give you the OEM finish.

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 15th August 2009 at 22:57.
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 23:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
By the look at the place where it has rusted . It is possible that someone must have used some sharp edged object which had the paint peeling off and due to rains it has started rusting .Also paint process is completely robotized so there is no chance that the spot was not painted .
I disagree. As far as I can make out, The sheet has rusted through and there is a small hole. The rust is at the edge, where the metal actually folds, so there is no knowing how bad it is.

Since the car is only a month old, the panel should be replaced by the company..
AbhiJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 23:42   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
You need to try and get the dicky replaced.. under warranty.
+1 to this.
In the past Ford (Wasan Ford) has replaced my Silver Ikon's boot completely for this exact same problem. They were very nice about it.

My reading of such occurences is that the folds in the inner side of the boot sometimes don't get covered well with the primer coat during the manufacturing process. This gets painted over. Once the monsoon starts, so do the rust spots.

Under warranty replacement or complete painting of the boot. It is a problem if you as a customer say it is a problem and it is their duty to fix it.
NevGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 23:50   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Just email the link to the photos here only!!

Send him links of CliffHanger's thread and say that other such threads have resulted in XYZ punto cancellations and that your own thread has recieved X views and Y replies already

Don't publicise this thread too much , lest it lead in reduction of linea sales - after all, you want spares, dontcha?
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2009, 02:16   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Since it is on the interior side just get the spot scraped with sand paper , apply some primer with a small brush , let it dry and then touch up with a paint using a small brush.It would be better than getting the whole panel painted which will not give you the OEM finish.
i can only say this much. i have not used the boot much in the past month of ownership. so there is very little chance of any manual damage to that area. the car has not even done 3000KM. so first service has not been done. i would have known if the damage was caused after taking the delivery of the vehicle.
Old 16th August 2009, 10:04   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushubh View Post

as i like to say... Fiat Linea is practically a Tata Indica with Italian user interface!

This is the worst feedback a 9 Lakh Linea will ever get...

Sushubh: Interested in reading all your experiences with Linea. I am a prospective ( but concerned) buyer and such feedback will help, Thanks!
Ferrari1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2009, 13:35   #27
BHPian

well that has been my experience. i have owned two maruti swifts. both petrol and diesel.

i never visited the service station before the first service.

here i have visited 4 times before i had driven 1000KM. And now this rusting problem.

tata and fiat cars share engines.

they are now going to share the blue&me system as well. i heard tata indica ignis would get the bluetooth mechanism!

i thought blue&me was fiat exclusive. no sire!

i mean what did i gain with the fiat linea diesel. it has the same engine that powers the tata indica diesel. and soon people would be able to buy indica diesel with the blue&me system. the good looks! and those looks are not refined. you look at the car closely and you can see where fiat has saved money in making this car.

i am not saying that i hate this car. i have grown fond of it. but i am just getting frustrated with the constant need to go to service station to get this or that repaired.

Last edited by Sushubh : 16th August 2009 at 13:44.
Old 16th August 2009, 13:47   #28
BANNED

i always advice people to visit the service centers before they buy the cars! but people dont listen and they just drool over the cars standing in the showrooms and the funky advertisments by the brand!

anyway rusting is a serious problem that too within in 1st month let alone 1st year of the manufacturing date!

have the boot lid changed and nothing short of that! stick to your demand of changing the boot lid as the car is under warranty, NO REPAIRS! as its a manufacturing defect!

also the NCR is known for salty water which leads to rusting after 2-3 years of buying a car!

Rain water doesnt causes rust, its the salty ground water of NOIDA, Fbd and Gurgaon which due to frequent(read daily) washing by the driver with a dirty cloth and water bucket causes the rust formation!

wash you car as less as possible, dry to keep it clean by buying a cover (which we hardly buy). if it remains clean and dry, you need less washing!

Educate yourself and others about maintaining a car! and hey next time do visit a service centre before you buy a car!
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2009, 13:54   #29
BHPian

i actually heard great stories about ABS Motors (ABS motors: a FIAT service option in Gurgaon!) in Gurgaon on Team-BHP. They are I believe much better than the old school Dhingra Motors which is the second option in my city.

The only problem I have faced there (apart from suggestion of patch work on this bug which I believe any dealer would do to save himself time and perhaps money!) is that the Fiat experts at ABS are far and few. And Tata guys just cannot handle Fiat cars. I was terribly annoyed when I saw one of their repair guys playing around with my car's door trying to open it for 15 minutes. He missed one of the screws which was hidden with a plastic latch. And kept trying to take out the door cover by force using a screwdriver.

I doubt you can discover these problems by just visiting the service station. I think I had done my research well before I got the car. I read through Fiat Linea reviews on this forum (tons of them!). read about ABS on this forum. and switch my choice from ANHC to Fiat Linea Emotion package.

argh painful times.

Last edited by Sushubh : 16th August 2009 at 13:56.
Old 16th August 2009, 14:05   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushubh View Post
i actually heard great stories about ABS Motors (ABS motors: a FIAT service option in Gurgaon!) in Gurgaon on Team-BHP. They are I believe much better than the old school Dhingra Motors which is the second option in my city.

The only problem I have faced there (apart from suggestion of patch work on this bug which I believe any dealer would do to save himself time and perhaps money!) is that the Fiat experts at ABS are far and few. And Tata guys just cannot handle Fiat cars. I was terribly annoyed when I saw one of their repair guys playing around with my car's door trying to open it for 15 minutes. He missed one of the screws which was hidden with a plastic latch. And kept trying to take out the door cover by force using a screwdriver.

I doubt you can discover these problems by just visiting the service station. I think I had done my research well before I got the car. I read through Fiat Linea reviews on this forum (tons of them!). read about ABS on this forum. and switch my choice from ANHC to Fiat Linea Emotion package.

argh painful times.
so that shows you never visited the service center to check on the behaviour of the service reception staff, how they handle customers, how they take bookings, whats the enviroment like, are they all dressed up in uniforms smartly!

no doubt the product itself is a good one, its doing good all over the world except in apna bharat!

what about if the product goes wrong?

you read about how good the hospital is, but never bothered to find how good the doctor is!!

i visited only once to see the TASS/FASS and it was a MESS and never bothered to visit their showroom!

have you ever heard about CSI (customer satisfaction Index)?
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote