| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|15th August 2009, 23:00||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2007
Thanked: 0 Times
Accent CRDI Advise
I have been using Accent CRDI a second hand car (bought in a very good condition from a friend) for the past 2 years and require advise on the following.
1. Of late the clutch has become rock hard to press. The Hyundai Service folks told me that they have to repair the clutch set and that it would cost Rs.10,000. Will be glad if any one can throw light on what could be the problem and if it would really cost Rs.10K to repair the hard clutch.
2. I was owning Fiat Uno Petrol before buying Accent CRDI. My Uno would zip thru inspite of being a 8 year old car, where as I feel that my Accent diesel doesn't seem to respond so well after 60000 KM in 4.5 years.
I get the car religiously serviced by Hyundai Service and change all the things that they recommend during servicing. Is it natural for a diesel car to loose it punch after 5 years of running or am I being taken for a ride by the servicing center?
3. It is generally said that Sedans are comfortable to drive on highways. I keep driving down to my native (about 250Km from Bangalore) often in Accent Crdi and used to feel tired after the drive. Last week I drove my cousin's New Wagon R to my native and the drive was refreshing and even my aged parents stated that they did feel the strain. I felt quite confident and in control when I was driving Wagon R at 100-110KM/Hr but I never felt that control or had confidence driving my Accent at the same speeds. Does any one have answer?
4. Currently I am running on Michelin tubeless tyres which have to be replaced. Hyundai Service folks suggested that I go for Bridgestone tyres. Pl advise if I should go for tubeless again and which brand?
5. Some one suggested that I replace my conventional wheels with alloy wheels for ease of driving and better control? It is true? If yes, can you suggest me a good brand of Alloy wheels and which model/type I should go for my Accent Crdi.
6. Lastly, does any one know a good mechanic/service center in BANGALORE who can help me to keep my car in good shape.
your advise will be greatly valued.
|16th August 2009, 14:56||#2|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SAAT BUNGLA, BAMBAI.
Thanked: 291 Times
Get the injectors,EGV ,turbocharger servised at any diesel pump service centre they charge around 1200/- for the same.
|16th August 2009, 15:18||#3|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Thanked: 11,630 Times
|16th August 2009, 15:34||#4|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Mar 2007
Thanked: 234 Times
Q3 - Your Car needs tyre change as well as a look at the brakes.
Q4 - you may go in for Bridgestones but only go for Turanzas or Potenza G IIIs.
Q5 - Alloys may not contribute much towards your car control.Alloys dissipate heat faster and cools the wheels, tyres and brakes faster. Makes braking more effective.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Lancer DIESEL/ Accent DLS/Accent CRDI||ForeRunner||Sedans||28||20th June 2011 18:19|
|New Car - Accent GLE..Seniors/Experts Please Advise||prince_pervez||Sedans||64||8th January 2008 11:14|
|Accent CRDi or Accent Viva CRDi Looks||abhibh||The Indian Car Scene||4||8th November 2005 17:43|
|Accent CRDi or Accent Viva CRDi||abhibh||Sedans||16||8th November 2005 05:58|