Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 11th December 2010, 06:27   #16
Default Re: Swift Brake Lock - Car Doesn't Move!

Stop gap solutions is to leave the car with gears engaged in monsoon season so that the breaks don't get locked. Usually due to rain, drum might form some rust and if you don't use the car for few days it would aggravate the situation and the result is break getting locked. I don't think this is a serious concern but yes if we get stuck some where.

One happened in my Santro and I called up the road service guys, he came looked in to it and took a hammer from his car and hit the wheel rim thrice. Yuppee locks got removed. You may try this on exigency situation, but this is purely based on your own risk
camchennai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2010, 22:15   #17
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Swift Brake Lock - Car Doesn't Move!

DId you used handbrake while prolonged parking.?

If you are a DIY type of guy you can do the following.
you have to jack up the car, remove the wheel and hit it with hammer on drum evenly on opposite side. and try to rotate the wheel by leverage with an iron bar.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote