Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2009, 11:37   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
Fountainheader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,502
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
great thread. replies in bold
my one cent:- 500 ml bisleri fits perfectly in front cup holder.
Even 1 ltr Bisleri bottle fits in perfectly.

Reg the 2nd point, when the pilot lamp is switched on, keep pressing the probe. Odo, Trip 1, Trip 2 and 4 small 0's come up. The 4th one is to adjust brightness. Keep the probe pressed for 5 secs to change the brightness.
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 16:57   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
goandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,336
Thanked: 437 Times
Default

OK Dzire / swift owners I have these questions which I cant figure:-

1. What is 'Mist' on the left wiper lever. The book says move up and hold - wiper turns on contiuous at low speed. If so is this same speed as the position between intermitant and fast. When I lift it up to this position the wiper wipes once.

2. what is this light. looks like "O1" it comes on when you switch ignition on and goes out alongwith the engine check light on engine statup.

3. does the oil pressure light stay on for about 4-5 secs after engine start up? or is it only my car?

cheers
Attached Images
 
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 17:03   #33
BHPian
 
asethi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
OK Dzire / swift owners I have these questions which I cant figure:-

1. What is 'Mist' on the left wiper lever. The book says move up and hold - wiper turns on contiuous at low speed. If so is this same speed as the position between intermitant and fast. When I lift it up to this position the wiper wipes once.

2. what is this light. looks like "O1" it comes on when you switch ignition on and goes out alongwith the engine check light on engine statup.

3. does the oil pressure light stay on for about 4-5 secs after engine start up? or is it only my car?

cheers
1. It's basically to clear the mist on the windshield after you get into the car after a cold night. so you don't need to start the wiper and turn off, just press upwards, and it clears the mist in one stroke!

2. The 1st one (steering shape) is the indicator of the EPS (electronic power steering). This light will come on if your EPS malfunctions while the car is running.

3. Not sure. But I think mine goes away after engine start.
asethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 17:14   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
goandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,336
Thanked: 437 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
1. It's basically to clear the mist on the windshield after you get into the car after a cold night. so you don't need to start the wiper and turn off, just press upwards, and it clears the mist in one stroke! Seems logical but strange wordings in the manual
2. The 1st one (steering shape) is the indicator of the EPS (electronic power steering). This light will come on if your EPS malfunctions while the car is running. Must check this out.

3. Not sure. But I think mine goes away after engine start. Yes ,but my question was - how long after engine start?.
Thanks for the prompt reply. My response in bold.

OT One comment on the removal of the stepney with the jack handle : clumsy design.
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 17:40   #35
BHPian
 
sharma_sanjeevi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 570
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
3. Not sure. But I think mine goes away after engine start.
Yes, it does go off when the car is started, if it does not goes off, then it is an indication that there is a problem with the EPS.
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 21:29   #36
vsh
BHPian
 
vsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: sirsi
Posts: 102
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

i have done wheel alignment/balancing, tyre rotation and some general checkup in MASS after completion of 25000km on my dzire. now while driving i am experiencing some kind of loss of power while pushing the accelerator. i am feeling like car is not behaving as earlier ie not moving ahead as fast and quick, certainly so while climbing in ghat section. any advice on this? car is bought february this year.
vsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 21:37   #37
DRC
BHPian
 
DRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Cockpit
Posts: 907
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
OT One comment on the removal of the stepney with the jack handle : clumsy design.
Yeah, I agree, the concept is good but implementation is bad. It is very difficult to re-align the fastener back after putting back the spare wheel.
DRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 10:42   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
goandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,336
Thanked: 437 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsh View Post
i have done wheel alignment/balancing, tyre rotation and some general checkup in MASS after completion of 25000km on my dzire. now while driving i am experiencing some kind of loss of power while pushing the accelerator. i am feeling like car is not behaving as earlier ie not moving ahead as fast and quick, certainly so while climbing in ghat section. any advice on this? car is bought february this year.
Could it be the turbo has gone kaput? there have been failure of this part as brought out in a thread here. Do check this.
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 11:15   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
humyum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Leicester/Mumbai
Posts: 2,306
Thanked: 2,188 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsh View Post
i have done wheel alignment/balancing, tyre rotation and some general checkup in MASS after completion of 25000km on my dzire. now while driving i am experiencing some kind of loss of power while pushing the accelerator. i am feeling like car is not behaving as earlier ie not moving ahead as fast and quick, certainly so while climbing in ghat section. any advice on this? car is bought february this year.
If the battery terminals were removed for some reason and ECU reset because of this, yes the car will feel a little different, Give it sometime and i ll come back on its own.

If not then get it checked at the MASS again but most probably it will come back to its original state.
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 12:36   #40
BHPian
 
f1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 693
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Even 1 ltr Bisleri bottle fits in perfectly.

Reg the 2nd point, when the pilot lamp is switched on, keep pressing the probe. Odo, Trip 1, Trip 2 and 4 small 0's come up. The 4th one is to adjust brightness. Keep the probe pressed for 5 secs to change the brightness.
I believe that the 4th option ( brightness adjust) is only available when the lights are on. You will not see that option otherwise.

Last edited by f1fan : 17th September 2009 at 12:45.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 13:02   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
goandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,336
Thanked: 437 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
2. The 1st one (steering shape) is the indicator of the EPS (electronic power steering). This light will come on if your EPS malfunctions while the car is running.
You are right it is the EPS check light. but the manual shows it as "EPS" but I have a steering wheel symbol followed by "!" symbol. something like O!
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 14:55   #42
BHPian
 
abhaybakshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 177
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

One more tip. In my Swift, my cd player (Kenwood) used to make bit of a noise due to some gap between the front plate (which you can remove to avoid theft) and the assembly to which it clungs. I simply applied a piece of two way tape on the assembly and then put back the front plate. Whoila......it's now quiet since last 3 months !!!!
abhaybakshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 21:34   #43
vsh
BHPian
 
vsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: sirsi
Posts: 102
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

thans for reply goandude and humyum. (humyum-If the battery terminals were removed for some reason and ECU reset because of this, yes the car will feel a little different, Give it sometime and i ll come back on its own)i will wait for some more days to check and go to MASS.
(GOANUUDE-Could it be the turbo has gone kaput?) as i am new to cars i dont know about this but definitely ask MASS people about this when i visit.
vsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 02:08   #44
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,601
Thanked: 3,452 Times
Default

Chill yaar, the ECu will relearn in 2-4 days MAX
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 16:16   #45
BHPian
 
ThE_DoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 121
Thanked: Once
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Chill yaar, the ECu will relearn in 2-4 days MAX
How long does it take for the ECU to lose its setting once you remove the battery terminals.. Is it a good practice to do the same of you feel your car ain't performing well ??
ThE_DoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
Fiat Linea - "Did You Know?" Series VahanPujari The Indian Car Scene 443 1st November 2012 08:58
"I did not know this" show on National Geographic pjbiju Shifting gears 7 9th April 2008 15:15
Swift Dzire Petrol Vs. Swift Dzire Diesel reveal_da_zeal The Indian Car Scene 2 4th April 2008 21:52
Did you know? DCEite Shifting gears 21 15th January 2006 19:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:43.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks