Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 20th September 2009, 17:58   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Strange Sound from engine of Maruti 800,5 Speed

Strange Noise in Maruti 800 5 Speed

There is a strange whine in my 2002 Maruti 800 5 speed done 12400 kms on the odometer,when accelerated from idling, a somewhat similar to sound found in Maruti Zen which is acceptable as normal and is from oil pump as claimed by Maruti service advisers ,but same whining sound in a Maruti 800 5 Speed is strange. Ihave asked the Maruti Authorised Service guys but from them also I did not get proper reply as they are not sure about the reason and are assuming to be water pump,timing belt tensioiner ,etc etc

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 20th September 2009 at 18:01.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2009, 18:11   #2
BHPian

Are you sure that it is from the engine ?

I had a sound from the gear box of my old 5speed 800, while the engine is idle. But the sound goes off if the clutch is applied. As I brought this to the notice of the Maruti service guys, they said that it was normal and that this comes from the gear box. This don't require any specific attention. The sound was something like Krrr.....Krrr.... I noticed the sound when it was some 28K on the odo and it didn't give any prob till its 75K, when I sold.

So if at all it is the same sound as I mentioned, I think its better not to worry.

5speed 800 -- Just 12,400 kms ???
firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2009, 19:15   #3
BHPian

This whine noise started in my M1000 (yes its similar to zen engine) after rains. I think its AC compressor bearing making noise. I still have to confirm this by taking the AC belt out for sometime.
Hashim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2009, 19:53   #4
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Go to another MASS for a second opinion. Check the belts as a loose/slipping belt will create the kind of whine that you are experiencing.
gpa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 19:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestorm View Post
Are you sure that it is from the engine ?

I had a sound from the gear box of my old 5speed 800, while the engine is idle. But the sound goes off if the clutch is applied. As I brought this to the notice of the Maruti service guys, they said that it was normal and that this comes from the gear box. This don't require any specific attention. The sound was something like Krrr.....Krrr.... I noticed the sound when it was some 28K on the odo and it didn't give any prob till its 75K, when I sold.

So if at all it is the same sound as I mentioned, I think its better not to worry.

5speed 800 -- Just 12,400 kms ???
Yes dear I am quite sure it is from engine and not the clutch , you mean to say about clutch release bearing , but no it is from engine, that Krrr...Krrr sound is there and I am told to just forget about it.Yes it was 12400 kms.it belonged to a bank officer who later retired and the car was lying idle for ages, in fact it had to be repaired small repaires due to non use, doors got jammed, wheel cylinders to be changed, brakepads replaced, wheel bearings to be replace etc etc etc . But there is superb power in the engine.
Old 23rd September 2009, 19:35   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
This whine noise started in my M1000 (yes its similar to zen engine) after rains. I think its AC compressor bearing making noise. I still have to confirm this by taking the AC belt out for sometime.
Dear freind compressor bearing noise will be grinding noise not the like Zen engine
Old 24th September 2009, 12:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Dear freind compressor bearing noise will be grinding noise not the like Zen engine

The sound which you hear like the zen is there in every 5 speeder.It is indeed the compressor bearing noise which is un avoidable.
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote