Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 6th October 2009, 10:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshyjohnuk View Post
At the rate we are going, it'll take nearly 30 years to hit 3.5L km. Obviously it'd have been sold off by then.
The owner of that OHC does EKM<->TVM every day. Is it any wonder it has that kind of mileage?

Quote:
You've confused me with ritedhawan (wrt "brother & his friends" reference).
Oops, I did mean that reply to him. I just forgot to get the quote tags right.

Quote:
...headlamps details...
Who installed the new headlamps for you?

Quote:
But I agree that the fear of problems arising with electronics is considerable in new age cars. Someone we know purchased an E-class a while back and he wanted to fit ICE display screens in the car. Mercedes (Rajashree Motors) cautioned him telling they would not take responsibilty for any electrical problems with the car if he did that. And so he dropped the idea. And what if he really really wants displays? Simple. Buy an S-class. (Or, now, the 2010 E-class??)
Fitting anything in a new age car means having access to detailed factory wiring schematics. One can get these at some cost (HANES has a book with which you can strip a Civic Si to the frame and rebuilt it back, piece by piece, including an engine rebuild), but I don't think most accessory shops bother. They just use cars as guinea pigs to learn at the customers' cost.

Why don't you post an ownership thread with some pics? I'd love to see your headlamps and if you are okay with it, service costs
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 13:50   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Who installed the new headlamps for you?
Emperor Car Accessories. They do all sorts of work ranging from ICE and body kits (Mugen kits are available from them) to performance parts. I think if you show them the money, they'll import whatever you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Fitting anything in a new age car means having access to detailed factory wiring schematics. One can get these at some cost (HANES has a book with which you can strip a Civic Si to the frame and rebuilt it back, piece by piece, including an engine rebuild), but I don't think most accessory shops bother. They just use cars as guinea pigs to learn at the customers' cost.

Why don't you post an ownership thread with some pics? I'd love to see your headlamps and if you are okay with it, service costs
I don't think they would have wasted money on a manual. Watching them going about their work efficiently made it clear they've had plenty of experience however. And the Honda dealership pointed me to them so that did aid in not worrying too much about warranty issues.

I'd be very wary of doing business with them (ECA) however. They don't give you even an iota of respect until you lay your cash in front of them. They won't give you a receipt (blackmarket goods most likely); and more or less ignore you unless they figure you will be bringing them more cash soon. They won't accept anything other than hard cash. I've even heard stories of them being raided by the authorities.

The most troubling part is the lack of a receipt for goods running into 5 digit values. If they decide to screw you over, tough luck. But I guess these people are a heaven send for business families with black money to burn.

About the ownership experience, I have lots of stories to tell, but not much time right now. Regular service costs have stayed between 400 and 6k (due to optional addons - A/C "disinfectant wash", interior cleaning to keep the leather clean, body polishing, etc from time to time).

Photos of the lights: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ge-xenons.html (Honda Civic angel eyes with autogauge xenons)
koshyjohnuk is offline   Reply With Quote