Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 5th August 2010, 08:25   #31

Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
@rajivanoj: 4,25,000?! Wow! I had no idea these cars were good for that long! Mine has done 101,000 now.

@Pavan: Thanks bro. The car is already painted. Its the same as you saw in my garage. You can find the post on painting here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...bangalore.html (Lancer Paint Job - Bangalore)

I'll be clicking more pics hopefully this weekend. I want to get the interiors done up before I go ahead with it though.

@bhp_maniac: Thanks! The car is a dream now. And looks great! There are a couple of pics in the link I provided above.

I had a host of things replaced in the car. Apart from the Alloys, Tyres and Audio Here's a list of things that come to mind immediately. Bear in mind that the list is only indicative of what may be wrong with a used car. I figured that I might as well get it done while at it.

Necessary Service
Full Service with all consumable replaced as below
All Fluids and Filters. (Engine, Transmission, Power Steering, Clutch, Brake etc.)
Clutch Pressure Plates and Master Cylinder
Oil Sump
Rear End Oil Seal
Ball Joints and Tie Rod Ends
Linkage Rods Front and Rear
Stabilizer Bar - Front
Timing Belt
Alternator Belt
Power Steering Belt
Belt Tensioners
All Warning Indicators checked for proper functioning.
Wiper assembly and blades replaced.
Fuse Box
All around Brake Pads
All Bulbs replaced (They were all working - but just as a precaution)
A/C Serviced (Thermostat Hose Replaced)

Feel Good Service
Full Respray in Jet Black (Metallic Gloss with minimal grain)
3M Treatment
High Security Number Plates
Remote Locking and Security (Xenos with Lifetime warranty)
6000K Ultrabright 6 LED Parking Light
6000K 35W Xenon High Intensity Discharge Head Lamps
3400K 55W Driving Lamps (Stock Location)
20 Spoke Alloys R15
Maxxis MA-Z1 205/50 R15
ART Leather Seats and Full Interior Servicing

I dont have a detailed price breakup unfortunately. But all together it came up to a li'l over a lakh I guess. Thats excluding the Audio Setup. A complete interior redo is planned this month if time permits.

Most lancers wont have so much work. But I wanted the car to feel like new as much as possible and this accomplised that.

Do feel free to ask any questions.

Wow !!! That's a great break up. And with above 1 lakh on budget you will get a great car in return. Love to hear about the interior job. Looks like this thread is going to get hotter Had a look at the paint job. Lancer looks awesome in black, and your alloys are perfect.
bhp_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 21:33   #32

Hey thanks bhp_maniac! I feel the money was well spent. A large part of it was taken up by the wheels and tyres. So the actual repairs didn't cost me much.

But I have to agree, it feels great!

I spoke to KitUp! this morning. Their full interior detailing package costs 33k. All plastic parts can be painted in any color and any finish. This price includes the roof lining as well.

I dont think I can do the Kitup! bit this month though. They would need the car for 10-12 days.

I'm also redo-ing the ICE. It will be done before the interiors as the running around is lesser, not to mention the time taken. This will mostly happen this weekend or latest by next. I'm currently soliciting advice at the ICE Section. Or is that advICE?

Tassem is offline   Reply With Quote