Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 12th October 2009, 20:15   #31
BHPian

Nuts&Bolts,

This is what exactly i mean.as you say manufacturers shoudl take note of this and the instruments in the car should give precise, accurate and highly dependable information.

Sudharma,

This is some information man, very good.

You are right, myself and my friends discuss using this ..Kilometerage :-).

Keep in touch

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th October 2009 at 20:46. Reason: Please use multi quote option. Thanks
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 12:39   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post

When i filled in the evenings, the max i have been able to fill is 36.xx ltrs
When i fill the fuel during mornings max i have been able to fill is 34.xx ltrs
This might be due to the density of the fuel.

Both occations (prior to the re-fueling) the fuel indicator was at E and the range indicator (distance the car can go with remaining fuel) was showing some 30-40KM still (which means still some 2 to 3 ltrs of fuel left.
Though thread seems to be dead, came across this issue yesterday in my ANHC. The maximum I have been able to fill has been 38.xx litres (this happened yesterday). As others have stated, ANHC fuel tank capacity is rated at 42 litres.
chaostheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 22:14   #33
BHPian

If I remember correctly a couple of months back i saw a headline on Zee Business, that its going to be mandatory for car manufacturers to mention the fuel efficiency for each of their models.

Looks like this info is still only in Books and not passed on to end buyers.

Any expert opinions about this ?
ghpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2013, 22:20   #34

Default Re: Petrol filling issues with ANHC

Hi, today I had my ANHC stall away mid-way on the road! Although the E light was on, the gauge indicator was well above the last indicator line. Confused, I really didn't expect my car to stop like this on the road. I thought indicator needle above the last line meant enough petrol left to drive 2Kms to nearest petrol bunk. But after fueling 5.5L of fuel only did the car crank out and move ahead.

Is this normal behavior with ANHC or I have a faulty fuel indicator? Wouldn't want another stall especially during long drives. Should I refuel as soon as the E light comes on? Instructions please!
yogeshmpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2013, 15:10   #35
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Petrol filling issues with ANHC

If you go through the entire thread you will notice that different people have had different "measurement" experiences when the car gets to E - you could always show it to the service guys once just to be doubly sure and as a standard practice i always fuel up when the car comes to E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshmpai View Post
Hi, today I had my ANHC stall away mid-way on the road! Although the E light was on, the gauge indicator was well above the last indicator line. Confused, I really didn't expect my car to stop like this on the road. I thought indicator needle above the last line meant enough petrol left to drive 2Kms to nearest petrol bunk. But after fueling 5.5L of fuel only did the car crank out and move ahead.

Is this normal behavior with ANHC or I have a faulty fuel indicator? Wouldn't want another stall especially during long drives. Should I refuel as soon as the E light comes on? Instructions please!
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote