Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 21st February 2017, 22:21   #721
BHPian

Default Re: Alto Issues

Thanks @Leosashi you're probably right. Will get it checked. The creaking is really loud and heard from outside as well, so unlikely to be the other points. The door beadings are supple.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd February 2017 at 22:07. Reason: Typo
wildsdi5530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2017, 06:57   #722
BHPian

Hi All! I have a less than month old Alto K10 AMT. I am hearing a "tak tak" sound or rather a continuous clicking sound. The sound starts from 20kms and above speeds. From what I am hearing the sound is coming from under the belly and especially front driver side. I will be taking the car for 1st service on Monday. Anything specific should I look at?
sairamboko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2017, 07:00   #723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Hi All! I have a less than month old Alto K10 AMT. I am hearing a "tak tak" sound or rather a continuous clicking sound. The sound starts from 20kms and above speeds. From what I am hearing the sound is coming from under the belly and especially front driver side. I will be taking the car for 1st service on Monday. Anything specific should I look at?
Is it coming only on straight roads or on turns?? Kindly have a look at the axle boot. Its too early for something like a driveshaft to go wrong, but still, have a look.
Leoshashi is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2017, 07:11   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Is it coming only on straight roads or on turns?? Kindly have a look at the axle boot. Its too early for something like a driveshaft to go wrong, but still, have a look.
It comes on all roads. I am confused whether the sound is coming from the tyres or under the belly. The sound is more like tak , tak and the sound / number of tak tak increases or it syncs with the speed.
Old 24th February 2017, 07:14   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It comes on all roads. I am confused whether the sound is coming from the tyres or under the belly. The sound is more like tak , tak and the sound / number of tak tak increases or it syncs with the speed.
Some pebbles/nail/metal particle in tyre grooves can cause this issue. Since its increasing with speed, I'd request you to check your tyre grooves in detail.
Old 24th February 2017, 12:21   #726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Some pebbles/nail/metal particle in tyre grooves can cause this issue. Since its increasing with speed, I'd request you to check your tyre grooves in detail.
I agree. Unless there is a major manufacturing defect, you can rule out axle/CV joint problem. Just jack up the car and closely examine the tyres for stone chips that have got embedded in the tyre groves. As the tyres a brand new the chances of stone embedding in deep groves is high.
Aroy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2017, 15:04   #727
BHPian

Thank you Leoshashi and Aroy! It was gravel, removed many stone chips from right side rear tire and the sound is gone
Old 27th February 2017, 07:03   #728
BHPian

Hi all, my new Alto K10 AMT got some scratches and dents on the bonnet. Does this has to be replaced in Maruti A.S.S or will they be able to repair it? I am actually traveling and will be back to Bangalore coming Sunday. Thought I will check in Chennai here with 3M or other shops. Suggestions please.

Alto Issues-received_10154559920809582.jpeg
Old 27th February 2017, 08:20   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all, my new Alto K10 AMT got some scratches and dents on the bonnet. Does this has to be replaced in Maruti A.S.S or will they be able to repair it? I am actually traveling and will be back to Bangalore coming Sunday. Thought I will check in Chennai here with 3M or other shops. Suggestions please.

Attachment 1613469
If you do not want to claim insurance, then you can consider getting the bonnet dented and painted either at MASS or through a reputed body shop. If you do not mind claiming insurance, you can just leave it at MASS for a new hood and painting. That will give you the same factory finish and texture that tinkering and painting might not give unless done by a really good place.
audioholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2017, 08:33   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If you do not want to claim insurance, then you can consider getting the bonnet dented and painted either at MASS or through a reputed body shop. If you do not mind claiming insurance, you can just leave it at MASS for a new hood and painting. That will give you the same factory finish and texture that tinkering and painting might not give unless done by a really good place.
Thank you audioholic! I will visit the MASS and see how much they are quoting. Depending on that will take the call. Any idea how much the quote will be for a new one and painting?
Old 27th February 2017, 10:28   #731
BHPian

Since I am not edit my previous post, here is what my SA told me. I called him and explained and showed him the photos via WhatsApp. He said first he will try to repair the dent, if it's still not good , we need to replace the bonnet and insurance claim can be done. I will check with him on Monday.
Old 27th February 2017, 11:53   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since I am not edit my previous post, here is what my SA told me. I called him and explained and showed him the photos via WhatsApp. He said first he will try to repair the dent, if it's still not good , we need to replace the bonnet and insurance claim can be done. I will check with him on Monday.
If finish is of paramount importance, which I guess it is since it's a brand new car, I'd go with the hood replacement option.

Reasons
-Hood has metal frame welded behind with almost no gap left. It's not a thin layered metal. So denting process will include pulling it out with a dent puller, and then leveling it out with putty/body filler/grinding. If work isn't done properly, a waviness will come after its painted.
-MASS is already overloaded, so if you are claiming insurance, its better IMO to go for the best possible work.

Having said that, you should check out other FNGs too. They usually do a much better job than a typical MASS, at a cheaper price.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 27th February 2017, 12:53   #733
BHPian

Thank you Leoshashi! I am not worried about the finish. From distance only the dent is visible. Scratches are already 50℅ gone now . I used the scratch remover pen. Here is another photo
Alto Issues-img_20170227_110257345.jpg
sairamboko is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2017, 23:39   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Leoshashi! I am not worried about the finish. From distance only the dent is visible. Scratches are already 50℅ gone now . I used the scratch remover pen. Here is another photo
Attachment 1613534
I wont be worried about the hood, it is cosmetic anyway. But the hood stay (transverse bar under the hood) is of paramount importance as it is a structural member that supports the radiator and condenser. Check the same and repair/replace if necessary. As for the hood, any decent denter can repair it. However, as the car is new, I'd suggest you check with the company workshop and then decide.
fighterace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2017, 23:31   #735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not worried about the finish.
This are can only be repaired with dent pulling, have a look at the other side of bonnet.

These are 2 panels and denting from inside is not possible (unless the panel is cut-open and welded later) So 100% dent removal is not possible. Adding fillers and painting can get you a neat finish now, but on long run it will show its original face.

Safe bet is to replace.
Mr.Boss is offline   Reply With Quote