Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 17th October 2009, 01:30   #1
BHPian

Default fuel pipe leaking/bursting - San Storm

I have a san storm and I love that car(no smashing it plz) but these days,I am having some helluva trouble.

The fuel pipe especiallythe one linked from the fuel pump and the fuel filter keeps leaking and sometimes it burst .Its obvious how risky this thing is.I am having to replace pipes almost every alternate day cuz of a pipe burst or leak...I used Maruti pipes..even the ones sent by the ever so helpful san motor guys..Still the trouble just doesnt subisde...What is wrong with the car..any help?

Fuel filter issue?? too much pressure?suggestions
lover_guy_001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 15:23   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

First things first, it is a VERY dangerous situation you find yourself in. Please don't drive around until sorted.

Here's what I would do. Buy some really high quality fuel pipes and have an after-market expert install the same in your San Storm. Its obvious that you are either using the wrong grade of pipe, or getting it fitted by the wrong guy. Probably some jugaad / pipe re-routing is required too.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 18:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Use steel-braided pipes instead of rubber ones.
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 23:23   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Buy some really high quality fuel pipes and have an after-market expert install the same in your San Storm..
any idea as to where i can get somebody in calcutta who is good with such pipe works...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Use steel-braided pipes instead of rubber ones.
braided steel pipes? i have got no clue about them.can you kindly throw some light on it.This problem is becoming a bit too risky for me..

san motors sent me those renault rubber pipes but even those couldnt take up the fuel pressure. i think the only option left is,steel braided pipes but i dont know where i will find them in calcutta and who will be smart enough to fit them up for me. any seller /fitter known to you? :(

Last edited by Eddy : 17th October 2009 at 23:57. Reason: Please avoid posting multiple back to back posts. Thanks
Old 18th October 2009, 01:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

steel braided fuel line - Google Images

A proper aftermarket modification shop selling serious stuff will have these. Either try to find them in your city or a metro close-by.
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 03:18   #6
BHPian

AS GTO pointed out you have to take your San Storm to an after market expert and have it checked out. Ensure you drive by yourself with no kids or other passengers inside, seriously.
Aarman_008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 15:23   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Go down to R.K. Performance in Calcutta. You'll find his contact information here
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 17:35   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Go down to R.K. Performance in Calcutta. You'll find his contact information here
i guess i need to contact him. i am in calcutta so he should be of some help,provided he is willing to give some of his time on this horror story..the pipe did burst again yesterday while i was checking if everything is alright or not..

such a terrible thing this is. and braided steel pipes is something which half the auto spare owners dont even know about...damn confused and low :(
Old 18th October 2009, 20:32   #9
BHPian

Default Fuel lines busting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lover_guy_001 View Post
i guess i need to contact him. i am in calcutta so he should be of some help,provided he is willing to give some of his time on this horror story..the pipe did burst again yesterday while i was checking if everything is alright or not..

such a terrible thing this is. and braided steel pipes is something which half the auto spare owners dont even know about...damn confused and low :(
Why is the fuel line busting that also every other day. Definitely something is wrong here. Why is the fuel pump developing somuch pressure.? I have never heard Fuel lines rupturing this often.I have Rubber fuel pipes on my maruthi which are 20 years old. Get your fuel pump ( Mechanical or Electrical?) checked as well. May be its not stopping when its supposed to do. Also check your fuel return line. This could be choked.
sudharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 01:36   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudharma View Post
Why is the fuel line busting that also every other day. Definitely something is wrong here. Why is the fuel pump developing somuch pressure.? I have never heard Fuel lines rupturing this often.I have Rubber fuel pipes on my maruthi which are 20 years old. Get your fuel pump ( Mechanical or Electrical?) checked as well. May be its not stopping when its supposed to do. Also check your fuel return line. This could be choked.

can you suggest any good mechanic /expert to solve this problem in calcutta..really, its a serious issue and life threatening one aswell...
Old 19th October 2009, 09:34   #11
Senior - BHPian

Check the return lines and the Fuel pressure regulator, this may have gummed up and increasing the pressure.simple cleaning of the fuel system will tell you if you need to change the lines.
I think M&M [renault logan] service guys should be able to help you.Engine in the storm is from Renault.or even a Bosch service center, they have cleaning systems.
dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 13:37   #12
Senior - BHPian

Why are you using Maruti pipes on a Storm? Doesn't San manufacture its own OE pipes?
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 14:34   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Why are you using Maruti pipes on a Storm? Doesn't San manufacture its own OE pipes?

san motors have sent my oe pipes twice but the problem continues. :( renault mahindra service centre doesnt accept san storms for servicing
Old 19th October 2009, 17:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

You should be able to get the fuel system checked at any good service station. And I ment any authorised service station not connected with sales.Just service cneter.
dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 23:33   #15
BHPian

I called up r.k.performance's mr.ghosh and he has agreed to have a look.He thinks its the fuel pressure regulator which is gone but then lets see..