Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 2nd January 2010, 17:06   #91
BHPian

Its 5 months now.

Yet no clear scene about delivery.

Everytime some issue crops up.

What the hell does the location matters, when FIAPL and TATA Motor guys are involved in the whole process.

Last edited by Eddy : 2nd January 2010 at 19:45. Reason: Please avoid even indirect use of foul language.
hrsraghav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 13:30   #92
Senior - BHPian

Excellent. Well 2010 has started on a good note for you and your adventure. By any chance during your search did you come across any scrap/spare for the side foot boards of adventure? Let em know mate in case you did and as to the price, please. Wish you a much safer new year.
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 20:19   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Excellent. Well 2010 has started on a good note for you and your adventure. By any chance during your search did you come across any scrap/spare for the side foot boards of adventure? Let em know mate in case you did and as to the price, please. Wish you a much safer new year.
Sorry dear, fortunately those were fines.
Anyhow, will try to locate them within my contacts.

Regards
Harish
Old 25th January 2010, 22:08   #94
BHPian

The Pursuit of Happiness ended at 8:20 PM.
After 5 months 22 Days, I took the delivery of my Adventure.
Now just want to exhale for a moment.
Old 25th January 2010, 22:35   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
Congrats! How's the condition of the car now?

The title of the thread needs a change
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2010, 23:08   #96
Senior - BHPian

Please post pics of the car i am sure it feels good to be with the car again. take care of her.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2010, 23:25   #97
Senior - BHPian

Lovely! der aaye, durust aaye, as they stay Hope you stay far away from TASC for a while! What about our Multijet / 1.6 trip together?
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2010, 23:43   #98
BHPian

Yuppp a detailed pictorial final reply is due. I just landed home, and after some initial pooja, posted this post.
The insurance company relased DO at 2, and i rushed form my okhla office to ABS motors, and then it took some time to finally get it in my control.
Rather few thigns are still to get finishing touches, but it wasn't making a sense to keep car in service center just for the small issues.
Thanks a ton to everyone for their direct, indirect, virtual support.
Regards
Harish

the only thing came to my mind when i confirmed that DO is released was the scene of "The pusrsuit of Happiness" when will smith finally gets the scholarship and a job and he thinks "This part of my life... this part right here? This part is called "being happy". I didn't even asked or told anyone in office, that I am leaving to pick my car.
Just rode on my pulsar direct to home, parked the bike, took few sweets, and reached ABS motors. Infact didnt even told anyone at home (not intentionally, its just nothing of this sort was coming to mind. Only thing mattered was just to reach workshop and get the car)
As I took the car, rode it for around an hour.
Am happy
yeah the title needs to be changed now. I would request Mods to change it to "The pursuit of happyness"

Last edited by Jaggu : 26th January 2010 at 15:21. Reason: Back to back posts, EDIT the original post instead. Thanks
Old 26th January 2010, 04:58   #99
BHPian

Quote:
the only thing came to my mind when i confirmed that DO is released was the scene of "The pusrsuit of Happiness" when will smith finally gets the scholarship and a job and he thinks "This part of my life... this part right here? This part is called "being happy". I didn't even asked or told anyone in office, that I am leaving to pick my car.
Just rode on my pulsar direct to home, parked the bike, took few sweets, and reached ABS motors. Infact didnt even told anyone at home (not intentionally, its just nothing of this sort was coming to mind. Only thing mattered was just to reach workshop and get the car)
As I took the car, rode it for around an hour.
Am happy
yeah the title needs to be changed now. I would request Mods to change it to "The pursuit of happyness"
Feels like "Awesome"

As a proud adventure owner I can feel beat to beat what you went through. This am sure was not easy and getting the car back would be the best feeling in a long time.

Wish you many trouble free miles ahead. Enjoy!!
nishant_kingpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2010, 07:55   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome stuff brother.

Shall we host a quick-meat in your honor this Saturday?
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2010, 08:00   #101
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on getting your pride and joy back. After this excruciating wait, I would like to know if you are happy with the quality of work done. This is just to know if the service station, once it got the parts, knew what it was doing.

The Adventure is a fantastic car, ruined by Fiat's inability to give it the proper marketing and A.S.S. push. I am reading some stories about Fiat improving slowly and sincerely wish that they are true because Fiat does make some of the best cars in India.

OT: The Project 178 cars have been a big hit in Brazil, so if you do intend to keep this car for quite a while, if push comes to shove, you can definitely get parts from abroad. This is just a back-up thing that came to my mind.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2010, 10:42   #102
Senior - BHPian

As i always told you. RIP OFF THAT FIAT LOGO.... NOW!!!! It adds absolutely no value and after what you have gone through it has no right to be there atleast on your car.

Last edited by gemithomas : 26th January 2010 at 10:47.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 16:18   #103
Senior - BHPian

Congrats mate. Hope you ahve a better road ahead with adventure. Wish you safe and sound and hopefully less issues now. Enjoy your ride.
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 15:20   #104
BHPian

Default Re: Car (FIAT Adventure) standing since 4.5 months, waiting spares to get repaired.

Quote:
Hi Raghav. Its been a while since you updated about your adventure. How is it doing? Is it still with you?

I am thinking of getting a used Palio 1.6. Please let me know about the availability of spares of the car and the FE.

Is it worth spending time and money for this car?
prashant316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 20:50   #105
BHPian

Default Re: Car (FIAT Adventure) standing since 4.5 months, waiting spares to get repaired.

Hi Prashant,

I dont remember exactly but accidnet happened when odometer was at 24K.
Its 74 K now, and still with me.

still I can't say I am happy with the service repsonse, name it any worskshop in NCR. And still issues of spares is there. Recent was I struggled for 3 months to get rear brake shoe assembly, as Fiat had put three different OEMs brake shoes in Adventure itself.

However aside from these, I am still happy with the car. Still enjoy its ride, and planning to keept it till atleast 1Lakh mark.
About owning a Palio 1.6, I would reccomend to have one which is proerly taken care of, and have clocked lesser mileagae (50K). Aside form availibility issue, Fiat have also raised the prices of spares, and still a lot many things/parts which can be repaired are jsut replaced. So just choose your one wisely with a properly handled one.
Money won't be an issue, as I presume You should get a Palio 1.6 at a very low price. The only money which hurts is the maintainence one, and ofcourse you will be required to devote some time to it to keep it in proper shape.
Best of Luck

Anyways whenever anyone asks me about owning a Palio, what flashes in mind is the sign board inside Bus "Passengers are repsonsible for there luggage", or one in parking "Parking at owner's risk"

Last edited by hrsraghav : 26th June 2012 at 20:53.
hrsraghav is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote