Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 17th June 2013, 14:18   #16
Default Re: Ford Ikon Power Steering Pump

Sorry to bump an old thread, but did you get to the root of this issue? I have a similar behavior in my Ikon.
girishab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2013, 20:41   #17
Default Re: Ford Ikon Power Steering Pump

I have a similar problem in my Ikon. Today, I was entering a petrol pump, was in second gear and I suddenly heard this belt squealing sound and I lost p/s momentarily (for the duration of the sound). I suppose the p/s belt is slipping obviously. Then it became alright and I continued to fill petrol, leave and reach office, driving about 10km after that. No problems.

Now during my return drive (when it started to rain), all was fine on the highway, but as soon as I get into heavy traffic, the squeals and losing of p/s returned. It recurred a lot of times. Now, two things come to my mind - the rain, and slow traffic. The first time is occurred, i think there was a puddle of standing water.. What is the problem?
wantarangerover is offline   Reply With Quote