Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 7th November 2009, 00:25   #1
Default Grinding noise from rear wheels

Few months back I changed all tyres of my M1000 as they were worn out and this time I changed to company recommended size 155/80 R13. Now since few days I noticed grinding noise from rear wheels. This sound was initially quite low and could only be heard at night on lonely roads

Today I felt sound has increased as I can hear it in day also. This grinding sound do NOT come when I am driving straight but COMES when:
1. I apply brakes gently
2. Take my foot off the accelerator and car becomes to slow down and
3. Take turn or just swing the car. Sound is more when car moves to left.

When tires were changed, bends on rim, alignment and balancing were taken care of and there are no sign of scraping on tyres also.

Today just to check I lifted the car using jack and rotated rear wheels to check for any sound but they were moving freely without any sound.

Are the wheel brearings gone or is it something related to brakes that is making sound?
Hashim is offline   Reply With Quote