Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 16th November 2009, 17:40   #1
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default swift diesel accelerator pedal issue

I recently noticed the accelerator pedal in my swift diesel being shaky-swinging left & right, took it to the dealer & they said its only a ply & arrested by putting a bolt nut, i was not clear, in few days i face the same problem even worse & more shaky,
Showed my car to a friendly local mechanic who clearly examined & showed the assembly out of its poistion & hanging in single bolt,
I took it again to teh dealer who said the assembly has to be welded for which the dashboard, brake booster,sheet & other wiring lying in that area should be removed after which teh work can be executed & quoted 2k.
Is this the correct way of doing?
Im worried if this would spoil the factory fitted dash/brake booster & other assemblies?
My car is around 20 months old & clocked 46 k kms, has any other swift owner faced similar issue ?
Could this be claimed under warranty.. pl advice...
RJ555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 17:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

This thread can by moved to the technical problems area.

Your car is out of warranty since it has clocked 6000 kms surplus (Maruti offers 24 months/ 40,000 kms warrenty-whichever is earlier).
If it is under extended warrenty, then this can be covered under it.
Instead of welding, replace the entire assembly since any jugaad work will cause long term problems.
Find a well equipped and competent maruti workshop to do this complicated job, preferably company owned Maruti service masters, if at all it has an outlet there.
sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 17:49   #3
BHPian

If you have extended warranty then you can claim it, IIRC the standard warranty on the Swift is for 2years / 40,000kms

but shouldn't this thread be a part of the initial ownership reviews or the technical section??

EDIT: Just saw Sid's post about the thread location.

Last edited by maglev : 16th November 2009 at 17:51.
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 19:02   #4
BHPian

Thnx Maglev & Sid, i do have extednded warranty, let me chk out...
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

RJ555 any feedback on what you did to fix the issue? Do post your experience.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 14:47   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
RJ555 any feedback on what you did to fix the issue? Do post your experience.
hey guys... took my car to teh dealer, 1st they said they have to remove brake booster, wiring etc etc & of course engine, the estimate they gave was around 10k, i was completely shocked, then i spoke to the GM services( a friendly personality), i also argued upon warranty & quality of parts. He instructed his team to weld the portion & maintain strength in the area, the tinker began his tricky job without disturbing other gadgets, my car was handed over after 2 days & luckily w/o labor charges, the pedal strength and feel was better & good as original, my nightmare has come to an end... i understand form this experience that either sound knowledge of issues or taking it to top level is mandatory...my case the 2nd onew/o which one could be exploited. my sincere thanx for the forum memebers for valued advice...