Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 18th November 2009, 17:09   #1
jav
BHPian

Question How much preload for rear wheel bearings?

Hi guys the castellated nut for rear wheel bearings on my indica is extremely tight, i thought that the procedure for tightening tapered roller bearings is to tighten and rotate the drum to seat the bearings and then loosen 1/4 turn and lock with cotter pin, now i am confused should i keep them that tight when i change my wheel bearings now?

T I A
jav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 15:39   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav View Post
Hi guys the castellated nut for rear wheel bearings on my indica is extremely tight, i thought that the procedure for tightening tapered roller bearings is to tighten and rotate the drum to seat the bearings and then loosen 1/4 turn and lock with cotter pin, now i am confused should i keep them that tight when i change my wheel bearings now?

T I A
This went totatlly above my head!
harsha.cs1 is offline   Reply With Quote