Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 5th February 2015, 12:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Can the turbo be repaired?

black smoke is fuel. white smoke is oil. Check oil levels and check the turbo oil line may be that is leaking and can be fixed.
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2015, 13:07   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Cant see any major leak outside except for a slight blackish color around the connection of the turbo.

Should i be seeing excessively high black smoke always? How do i actually cnfirm their findings of a leaky turbo? Just to be sure before i plunge into a costly repair or replacement.
Turbo leaking oil should mean, either it should spew oil to the intake manifold, or through the exhaust manifold. Usually oil at intake manifold is common, and is not really a concern, till the time the engine oil starts reducing at concerning rates, or the oil blocks the inter-cooler or intake air plumbing. Oil at the exhaust side will be burnt.

In both cases, no external oil can be found on the turbo, unless of course one of the oil hose is leaking, which is a small but dangerous problem needed to sorted out immediately, at low cost.

So, what is the oil leak that you are observing.
dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2015, 22:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
Turbo Energy Limited repairs turbos, KKKs too, but only if it is in a repairable condition.
Are they in Kerala? Where? Any contact details?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
black smoke is fuel. white smoke is oil. Check oil levels and check the turbo oil line may be that is leaking and can be fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post

So, what is the oil leak that you are observing.
Will post pics as soon as i can get time for that. Thanks a lot guys.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote