Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 19th March 2011, 10:17   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Weak horn for a short time

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
At times, the horn sounds weak even without a/c. When I press, it first starts out as if there's cloth on it and after a fraction of a second, it comes to it's regular tone.

Any of the check you mentioned DIY? Else I'll have it checked with a local mechanic.

Unlikely. I'm facing this problem since a month now and at time in the middle of the way. Also, there has been no rain and the car washer uses as little water as possible.
Check the horn when engine is not running. Do you feel loud. If yes then it needs horn adjustment. There is also other possibility the contact breaker points inside the horn got corroded.
vijaycool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2011, 11:33   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Weak horn for a short time

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
My Corsa's horn has been acting up of late.

Any pointers?
I have a feeling that just a turn of the adjuster screw in the horn, in the right direction might solve it.

but, as a precautionary measure, check the voltage across the terminals, while idle, engine off, and while revving.
dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote