Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 2nd May 2017, 15:06   #331
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: SCAM Alert "Saar, your car needs a clutch overhaul"

My Linea is about 183000 on the ODO and running on the OEM clutch. The service adviser had advised me to get it replaced while the odo was about 85K.
car-dent is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2017, 16:32   #332
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
It is not squeaking but some kind of a clunky noise that the driver can feel in his left leg also. The passenger will not even hear or feel anything...
You can get the clutch links for anything loose also the engine and gear box mounts if they are weak. If its more of a rattle then observe if it is coming from gearbox side. Then it can be a release bearing rattle.

Why don't you try the authorized dealership for a second opinion?
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2017, 19:07   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
You can get the clutch links for anything loose also the engine and gear box mounts if they are weak. If its more of a rattle then observe if it is coming from gearbox side. Then it can be a release bearing rattle.

Why don't you try the authorized dealership for a second opinion?

Sure I will do that. Do the authorised dealers normally question or misguide if the car has been serviced outside? It is out of warranty of course, so I am assuming that should not be an issue and also Bosch is a reputed service centre as well...
Nalin1 is offline   Reply With Quote