Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 2nd December 2009, 20:25   #1
Senior - BHPian
Default Oxygen sensor for Indica Xeta

Guys, the O2 sensor in my Xeta-CNg seems to have conked off. These are the problems:

1. Morning starting problem. It does not start on petrol and cannot maintain idle. Have to keep the accelerator pressed to hold rpm at about 1500 for 5 mins atleast for it to maintain idle.

2. Idling problem. The idling fluctuates between 630 and 680 (as read on OBD).

3. Backfiring at low rpm. There's a distinct and frequent backfire when trying to pull from 1500rpm or lower - especially in 3rd,4th and 5th.

4. Check engine light. It comes on intermittently. Took it to Tass and plugged in the OBD. It showed a lambda error "leading to catalytic damage".

Are these the symptoms of an O2 sensor failure? And where can i get one for the xeta outside TASS. Need urgent help guys!
Deeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 23:08   #2

if the OBD is showing lamda error, then i think the o2 sensor has conked off. in fact the running on petrol will be less sensitive to o2 sensor failure than running on lpg and cng, so it is a slight surprise that starting on petrol is the problem in your case.
bosch makes good after market oxygen sensors. go for a 4 wire sensor and connect the two heater wires (white wires) to ignition. NTK also makes good 02 sensors and i likely to be the OEM for your car.
harsha.cs1 is offline   Reply With Quote