Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Closed Thread

Old 18th March 2010, 20:06   #166
BHPian

Seems like matter is not yet closed. Hope to get some positive response.
Old 19th March 2010, 09:34   #167
BANNED

This is very good news that matter is not closed by Fiat and they are still open to the solution for the problem.
Thats positive news for all Fiat car owners.
Old 19th March 2010, 14:26   #168
BHPian

I hope your friend gets a resolution ASAP so that he can start concentrating on other matters of life !

Keep us posted !

FIAT does disappoint its zillion fans with such incidents that makes everyone think twice before buying any FIAT car. I know even other car manufacturers in India would have dealt this matter in a similar fashion mainly for the fact that we Indians are deprived of a customer oriented market and are easily taken for granted !
Old 19th March 2010, 15:29   #169
Senior - BHPian

Disclaimer: I an running into risk of being labeled as a Fiat fanatic or Fan boy or whatever else you want to tag it as, but anyway, here is my opinion.

I saw the pictures posted by Pawan both the times, earlier pictures as well as the later ones. In later pictures, the car has already run 8200 km and there is no clear noticeable wear on the inside of tyre compared to outer side (at least in pictures). (There are reported cases on T-BHP where tyres are replaced in around 20K km, while few Bridgestones have also made up to 50K km).

Secondly, everyone seems to on a merry trip to bash Fiat management, dealership and everything Fiat.

No other car manufacturer CEO would waste his time meeting an end user for sorting out his complaint. Even earlier Sachin has acknowledged that several of Fiat top honchos were involved in this case. Dealer as well as Fiat has been trying hard to rectify the issue, if it is there.

Still, it is perplexing that most of T-BHPians (with few notable exceptions) seems to be on joy ride of Fiat bashing without even understanding other side of the story.

P.S.: Having said that, the logic by Fiat about twisty winding roads looks indeed "twisted".

Last edited by RX135 : 19th March 2010 at 15:47.
Old 19th March 2010, 15:41   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
I have got below message from Sachin.

"Sorry didnt reply for long, just to update you going to have a meeting in this regards with Mr. Rajeev Kapoor (CEO - FIAT India) and also the concerned staff of Fiat and the delaer on 5th April 2010. Mr. Ganesh Baliga will also be accompaning me in the meeting. Hope something positive comes out of the same. will keep you and all the friends on Team Bhp updated on the same. Thanks a lot for all you support and advice."

Wow!!!! this is good news. I am sure Fiat India CEO in his capacity should be able to something really substantial for your friend & hope they do it. It is very necessary for Fiat to acknowledge if there is something wrong & improve upon it, if by any chance they want to return & estabilish themselves in Indian market. I am also very happy about the fact that your friend is getting an opportunity to me CEO (highest possible in India) to get his concerns addressed
Old 19th March 2010, 15:55   #171
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Disclaimer: I an running into risk of being labeled as a Fiat fanatic or Fan boy or whatever else you want to tag it as, but anyway, here is my opinion.

I saw the pictures posted by Pawan both the times, earlier pictures as well as the later ones. In later pictures, the car has already run 8200 km and there is no clear noticeable wear on the inside of tyre compared to outer side (at least in pictures). (There are reported cases on T-BHP where tyres are replaced in around 20K km, while few Bridgestones have also made up to 50K km).

Secondly, everyone seems to on a merry trip to bash Fiat management, dealership and everything Fiat.

No other car manufacturer CEO would waste his time meeting an end user for sorting out his complaint. Even earlier Sachin has acknowledged that several of Fiat top honchos were involved in this case. Dealer as well as Fiat has been trying hard to rectify the issue, if it is there.

Still, it is perplexing that most of T-BHPians (with few notable exceptions) seems to be on joy ride of Fiat bashing without even understanding other side of the story.

What is your point in posting this? Sachin is stuck with a lemon. No one is able to help him while the lemon is still under warranty. All he is doing is being patioent about the whole thing. I have driven a punto and also a linea, and i feel FIAT has a come a long way in designing those cars, the main reason for their awsome sales, is the brilliant designs despite of have such poor service network and bad product reputation. When they have the right formula, designing the right car, i think they should be extra careful and should not goof up now. The Car is question is a brand new car, if they cannot repair it, replace it.

I will probably put the protest stickers after my first meeting with the A S S itself if my experience was similar. You might love fiat or might even feel the CEO to be very courtious when compared to other car company CEOs but does that solve sachins problem? So what is your suggestion put those hard earned money down the drain a live like a person, who know he had been had and still be happy?

The customer is expected to be upset if the issue exists

The service provider is supposed to see each issue as an oppertunity to deliver excellent customer service and not as a problem.

Pramod
Old 19th March 2010, 16:54   #172
Senior - BHPian

[quote=pramodkumar;1791632]
Quote:
What is your point in posting this? Sachin is stuck with a lemon. No one is able to help him while the lemon is still under warranty. All he is doing is being patioent about the whole thing.
First of all, it can't be termed as Lemon just because there is perceived uneven tyre wear. If that was the case, each and every Sumo that Tata told in first few years was a lemon, and far bigger one at that! I don't see anywhere in the thread that there are numerous suspension, handling, transmission or engine issues with the car.

Quote:
I will probably put the protest stickers after my first meeting with the A S S itself if my experience was similar. You might love fiat or might even feel the CEO to be very courtious when compared to other car company CEOs but does that solve sachins problem? So what is your suggestion put those hard earned money down the drain a live like a person, who know he had been had and still be happy?
He has every right to protest and I am not even debating that. But every other person posting on this thread is NOT Sachin and hence, does not know exactly what has happened other than what is being told.

If the T-BHPian who posted here was instead a car dealer, complaining about an unreasonable customer, who doesn't get pleased despite of trying at every level including involving company engineers, has been given freebies for all his hardship and is just harping about a perceived non-issue, probably most T-BHPians here would have blindly bashed that "unreasonable" customer. Now getting the drift?

Quote:
The service provider is supposed to see each issue as an oppertunity to deliver excellent customer service and not as a problem.
Even Sachin is not claiming that Fiat has not tried to help, so what are you complaining about? It is just that the outcome was not up to his liking every time.
Old 19th March 2010, 17:07   #173
BHPian

Quote:

P.S.: Having said that, the logic by Fiat about twisty winding roads looks indeed "twisted".
Nobody will put protest sticker on the car if the problem is minor. Every 8000 KM replacing 2 tyres means 8000 Ru. So you pay the maintainance cost + 1 Ru per KM for tyre.
Old 19th March 2010, 17:10   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First of all, it can't be termed as Lemon just because there is perceived uneven tyre wear. If that was the case, each and every Sumo that Tata told in first few years was a lemon, and far bigger one at that! He has every right to protest and I am not even debating that. But every other person posting on this thread is NOT Sachin and hence, does not know exactly what has happened other than what is being told.
Do you expect FIAT quality to be equal to a sumo, or has sachin brought a car which is cheap and is to be used to ferry passengers?

Quote:
I don't see anywhere in the thread that there are numerous suspension, handling, transmission or engine issues with the car.
The problem is the issue is not diagnosed yet, and so you say a car is a lemon only if it has the following issues?

Quote:
If the T-BHPian who posted here was instead a car dealer, complaining about an unreasonable customer, who doesn't get pleased despite of trying at every level including involving company engineers, has been given freebies for all his hardship and is just harping about a perceived non-issue, probably most T-BHPians here would have blindly bashed that "unreasonable" customer. Now getting the drift?.
I understood the drift but what is your point? Are you saying he is being unreasonable in expecting a problem to be solved? My friend had his puntos steering box replaced in warranty due to a maufacturing defect, do you think think the manufacturer would have been delt in the same manner if he was in US, i am sure he would have been sued for damages and mental agony and probable homicide.

Quote:
Even Sachin is not claiming that Fiat has not tried to help, so what are you complaining about? It is just that the outcome was not up to his liking every time.
Boss now you are making me think that you are a little more than in love with FIAT, you are simply supporting them. We are an automotive forum, we seek each others advise before doing something, sometimes we need support, having said that how many times have we gone in groups and ransacked a dealer for not giving service to a fellow bhpian. This is an online community and we have every right to express our views. I would say "FIAT SUCKS" as they have proved it again with their pathetic issue handling technique. If they are reading this i hope they get their acts to gather and set an example. Let them talk to Sachin and find out what he wants since they are not fixing his car. If he asks for a replacement they are liable to give him that. I am sure no Bhpian would stand by sachin if he wants a merc for his charred nano. I hope i made my view loud and clear, I do not expect you to clarify any further. Let FIAT get its act togather and do what is needful. I can understand the agony one has to go through, when one man puts 5+ lacs of his hard earned money into something and it stays with the dealer more than it stays with him.

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 19th March 2010 at 17:11.
Old 19th March 2010, 17:16   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First of all, it can't be termed as Lemon just because there is perceived uneven tyre wear.....
Have you gone through the whole thread? It is not "perceived" uneven tyre wear, as you put it. It is a fact, which has been acknowledged by Fiat too. If the tyre wear was a figment of Sachin's imagination, Fiat wouldn't even have bothered to troubleshoot it once, leave alone multiple times.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 19th March 2010 at 17:18.
Old 19th March 2010, 17:26   #176
Senior - BHPian

@Pramodkumar, let's keep the discussion civil than pointing fingers to each other and our motives.
  1. Sumo being cheaper doesn't mean its tyres were cheaper than Punto. Period.
  2. A lemon is roughly considered as a car which has numerous defects in multiple areas and mostly due to poor QC. I don't see so many issues reported there. Checkout threads on T-BHP which talk about lemons and the kind of numerous issues they have faced.
  3. You talk about Fiat needing to talk to him. Are you saying they have not? What is this thread all about then? Do you know what all tests Fiat engineer have tried out and what has actually changed? The issue was acknowledged by Fiat and they worked on it. (Going by thread, 4 set of tyres in 14000 km and current set running 8200 km).
I am being quite objective here and I'll request you to do the same. If you want to shout from rooftop that "Fiat sucks", be my guest, I got no issues. Fiat doesn't pay me any commission for posting here.

@pawan,

With due respect to you and Sachin and also with an acknowledgment of my limited knowledge, I don't see the tyres showing any abnormal wear in the pictures for 8200 km. I might be totally wrong if the pictures don't convey real picture, till then I'll hold my guard.

Last edited by RX135 : 19th March 2010 at 17:28.
Old 19th March 2010, 23:05   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Pramodkumar, let's keep the discussion civil than pointing fingers to each other and our motives.
All i can say after reading you post is, you are funny, Closing you eyes does not make the rest of thw world blind. By putting your comments you are actually adding fule to this thread, i hope you would realize if soon. I have very hard time beliving you are not from FIAT, as i know that there are people from various manufacturers stalking this very forum.

Quote:
  1. Sumo being cheaper doesn't mean its tyres were cheaper than Punto. Period.
Nice one, what is the point tough?

Quote:
  1. A lemon is roughly considered as a car which has numerous defects in multiple areas and mostly due to poor QC. I don't see so many issues reported there. Checkout threads on T-BHP which talk about lemons and the kind of numerous issues they have faced.
Good that you have a more stringent defination of a lemon, 1000 more customers with similar views most of the QC guys will loose their jobs. Reason, no one cares about quality

Quote:
  1. You talk about Fiat needing to talk to him. Are you saying they have not? What is this thread all about then? Do you know what all tests Fiat engineer have tried out and what has actually changed? The issue was acknowledged by Fiat and they worked on it. (Going by thread, 4 set of tyres in 14000 km and current set running 8200 km).
Please enlighten me more of the test conducted by fiat engineers since its quite obvious now that you know things more than us all here.

Quote:
I am being quite objective here and I'll request you to do the same. If you want to shout from rooftop that "Fiat sucks", be my guest, I got no issues. Fiat doesn't pay me any commission for posting here. .
Do you think i have the time in the world to do some fiat bashing, dude i have better things to do in life. Its just that FIAT has established the fact now, They suck, i hope no one has a double thought about that. Let FIAT prove me wrong, trust me i would be very happy. The facts is if you care of a fellow Bhpian you would keep quite and let people do what they are doing (Expressing their opinion). But its quite obvious that this is not going to be your last post on this thread. I am going to support Sachin and i am going to do it till he gets satisfied, I necessarily doesn't mean that i might have a i hate FIAT or FIAT sucks sticker on my car, having said that i would not mind doing that if situation demands.

Pramod
Old 20th March 2010, 01:46   #178
Senior - BHPian

@PramodKumar, I really don't see any value in responding to your post, which seem to be more targeted personally at me than at Fiat or current problem. I have already said whatever I had to say, on this topic.

The only thing I would like to add for your (and others) benefit: Couple of T-BHP moderators and few T-BHPians know me personally and also know about my profession and the fact that, I got nothing to do with Fiat's business. So stop making wild allegations.

(BTW, Ganesh Baliga, with whom Sachin is going to meet Fiat CEO, also happens to be a friend of mine).
Old 25th March 2010, 14:46   #179
BHPian

Hi guys, I heard that Autocar has published an article or something about this issue. I am very surprised to see Fiat's response. It's really strange that they are unable to resolve the issue.
Old 26th March 2010, 08:43   #180
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Any updates on how the meeting went? We are all waiting to hear a happy ending to this saga.
Closed Thread