Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Closed Thread

Old 25th June 2010, 15:20   #211
Senior - BHPian

[quote=pawan_pullarwar;1752057]
Tyre wear has a direct relationship to driving habits (speed, braking, turning etc.,) on curves and the amount of drag, traction due to speed leads to additional friction on the tyre and its tyre wear pattern.

I agree terrain can be a determining factor on tyre life.

Yet, I did all that here in the hills in my GTX and the tyres lasted me a good 40k kms.

Crazy.
Old 25th June 2010, 15:25   #212
BHPian

Can I please suggest one very simple thing.. TAKE IT TO A GOOD ALLIGNMENT GUY and try it out. It might just solve your problem. I am not able to digest why the owner is so reluctant in getting this done. Even Nikhil who is a reputed wheel allignment store owner suggested that. Atleast he could have ruled allignment out by now if it persisted even after getting it done outside from a known reputed guy.

I always get my cars allignment done outside as none of the dealers have the right skill levels to do so.

Last edited by sarmarishi : 25th June 2010 at 15:30.
Old 25th June 2010, 16:20   #213
Senior - BHPian

12600 kms testing.... are you sure of this? I would never do it to my car.
Old 25th June 2010, 16:53   #214
Senior - BHPian

This is indeed sad state of things. How can they do such extensive testing on a customer car? Did Sachin give a written approval to do the same?
I am feeling bad after reading the update. :(

It is here that I wish our courts were swifter in delivering justice to common man. I see a long lengthy battle ahead if quicksands of courts are approached.
Old 25th June 2010, 19:33   #215
Senior - BHPian

Sad to see the state of affairs. Fiat should have handled this better. How did ACI state that the problem has been resolved ?

Going to courts - even the consumer court - will be a long drawn and expensive affair.
Old 27th July 2010, 22:37   #216
BHPian

12600 kms of testing ? You sure about this ?
I also understand that sachin was given a linea by fiat while his car was being diagnosed. Is this true ?
Old 27th July 2010, 23:05   #217
BHPian

Default somethings seems vague

- Owner of car should join. no proxies please. Narrations do introduce confusions both sides.
- Wheel alignment is no rocket science.

The buyer doesn't seems to be seeking help from fellow team-bhpian on technical stuff, at least he doesn't seem to follow. Had it been happened to my car, I would have learned A-to-Z of wheels myself and fixed all my issues. If not that, with Team-bhp, good technical guys are not far away.

Last edited by neosmart : 27th July 2010 at 23:10.
Old 27th July 2010, 23:26   #218
Senior - BHPian

12600 km of testing. Bro, Really. Get your act right. Its high time you file a consumer court case against these Fiat guys.

Don't let any type of testing happen on your brand new beauty. You deserve a new car + compensation for all the mental agony you went through.

I have had a similar experience for my Maruti swift but it was for the clutch and gearbox.

Ultimately, I got Maruti down to its knees and got each and every item replaced for free + made them apologise like no ones business + Got the regional technical manager to personally come and sort everything out with a warning of everyone seeing stars in the day if my car is not P for perfect.

After all this everything was sorted in a jiffy and now its as good as new since more than 10 thousand km *touchwood*

Go get them tiger, I just read some pages pages back someone supporting Fiat.

I don't care even if the CEO, MD, or the clerk of Fiat India has to come to the workshop and sort my car, I am a customer, its THEIR duty to give me a perfect car. If not. Even if the owner of Fiat has to come down and sort it out if the situation demands. Not my problem. Period

Mods: Please grant sachin his own id.

Disgusting attitude by fiat. Don't intend to start mine is better than his in this thread but we should buy cars from manufacturers which sell in big numbers/ have an awesome backing/ have no problems and lastly meet all of the mentioned criteria's. Even if one is not satisfied another option should be found.
Old 27th July 2010, 23:49   #219
Team-BHP Support

This thread now has more speculations than the facts, Since both the parties(Fiat and the owner) are not here to comment we are not sure of what happened. I would request the thread owner to please answer the questions posted by fellow members and provide us the details like e-mail conversations and job card copies if possible.

Being a Punto owner i do admit Fiat has a poor customer care, one of the major reasons Punto is not a success in Indian market. I know if something goes terribly wrong with my car i will have to struggle for months to get it fixed.

Last edited by .anshuman : 27th July 2010 at 23:51.
Old 27th July 2010, 23:55   #220
BHPian

12600 km testing? Have people gone nuts? I thought Skoda AfSS was the worst, and FIAT not so bad, but now I see this!
I agree with NevGin. Enough of all this rubbish. Mr Sachin, the fine gentleman he is, must drag these blokes to court, - consumer courts offer the best possible justice. No lawyers nothing. I'm sure if he approaches court, he will be given his money back and paid damages.
Was he provided a replacement car during the 'extensive' test?
For all we might know, the AfSS people might have used the car for personal purposes, adding insult to injury.

BTW, during testing, was the car still running with those regretful stickers?
Old 28th July 2010, 11:06   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neosmart View Post
- Owner of car should join. no proxies please. Narrations do introduce confusions both sides.
- Wheel alignment is no rocket science.

The buyer doesn't seems to be seeking help from fellow team-bhpian on technical stuff, at least he doesn't seem to follow. Had it been happened to my car, I would have learned A-to-Z of wheels myself and fixed all my issues. If not that, with Team-bhp, good technical guys are not far away.
If owner goes to the ourside machanic then Fiat will have execuses, Fiat will say the problem is occuring due to the wrong things done at the car outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
This thread now has more speculations than the facts, Since both the parties(Fiat and the owner) are not here to comment we are not sure of what happened. I would request the thread owner to please answer the questions posted by fellow members and provide us the details like e-mail conversations and job card copies if possible.
The owner wants to join the team-bhp but his request get rejected.

@Mod: Can you please let me know the reason why Sachin is not able to join the team-bhp?
Old 28th July 2010, 11:10   #222
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
@Mod: Can you please let me know the reason why Sachin is not able to join the team-bhp?
He needs to ensure just two things:

- His why team bhp note should be original, precise and grammatically correct.
- Same for his answer to the "which policy" question.
Old 28th July 2010, 11:50   #223
Senior - BHPian

Why did you give the car to them for a 12K Kms testing? I wouldn't have done that!
Old 30th July 2010, 15:11   #224
BHPian

There is another Punto which has the same issue as Sachin's car. Below is the post from PUG.

The other car (Punto) is a Mumbai car belonging to a friend of mine from Vasai. After hearing his part and telling him to hold on from going to the press and consumer court, I wrote to a good friend at Fiat about this car and also the unsatisfactory service I have had at Fortune Cars, Powai regarding my Siena (I am yet to hear from the Works Manager about the missing coolant tank cap and the system being filled with plain water rather than a proper coolant after engine overhaul). I also narrated my experience about the sales guys at various Fiat dealerships that I have visited for some otr the other wok. You ask them a Fiat car and they persuade you to go for a Tata car instead! Within a few hours, I received a reply mail from Mangesh asking about my Siena's reg. no. and also that of the Punto. He has promised to revert back after making the necessary enquiries.

About the Mumbai car, my friend has mailed me a letter given to him by Fortune Cars. The letter, signed by Harish Sharma, works manager of Fortune Cars, states that Fiat has advised them to rotate the tyres and observe till 20K. The car has done 13K. While I would like to share with you that Punto is one of the two Punto bought at the same time by two friends of mine, the other car is doing fine.
Old 30th July 2010, 15:19   #225
BHPian

guys, I have TD'ed Punto today (1.2 Active). I could hear some sort of a whining noise while idle and the gear shift seem to be very very tight in the TD car? I am sorry to repeart it once again *i know this has already been discussed a Zillion times* -> the plastics are sub-standard! so pathetic.
Closed Thread