Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Closed Thread

Old 18th August 2010, 15:34   #241

Thanks GTO, but I don't want to give them a chance to raise finger on me.

I received my vehicle yesterday only, other concerns seems they solved, But still I feel left drift in the vehicle, I am in search of dead straight road with camber, where I can drive in both the direction to check actual pulling.

About my rear tires I am planning to check the wear depth on my own and will send the reports to FIAT people, I also asked them the ration of Wear at 20K Km. Let us see their comment after the report.
Old 18th August 2010, 17:44   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshg View Post
Hi Pawan/Sachin, I too facing same issue with my FIAT Punto, I purchased it on 13/11/2009,
This is just brief about the issue, I will write in detail in my next post.
Hi Santosh,

I will suggest you to write a mail to Fiat directly about the issue. Please let me know if you get any reply from them. This is the 3rd Punto which has reported the same problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I completely empathise with your friend, Pawan. Going through such trouble on a brand new car kills the experience. However, I couldn't help but commenting on this:

Loaner car for 6,000 kms . That's unheard of. Atleast Fiat tried to make good to the customer.

On the other hand, taking so long to solve a problem is inexplicable. Either repair the persistent problem or replace the damn car.
Fiat might have received a lot of complaint about this problem, as we can see 3 of them already. I have feeling that this problem has to do with particular batch. But if Fiat knows the issue then why they are not replacing the car, doing so, they can attract lot of customers.

I already have stopped my cousin from buying Linea, because I think, if any critical issue being reported on Fiat car, Fiat is never going to rectify and it will take years to resolve the issue.
I know a person who got his faulty safari replaced from the Tata. I donít know why they are not doing the same for Fiat cars.
Old 1st September 2010, 15:28   #243

Hi Pawan,

I already wrote a big mail to Vijay Machale when i faced this issue in the beginning, after that i got lot of calls from Concord people, and they took some action also which doesn't work well (Swapping of tires and aligning). because of that my 4 tires worn out completely.

Now last week they replaced front 2 tires on good will bases, and it seems Ok now but i need to get Alignment report from 3rd party then only i will come to know what settings they have done to overcome this,

Though the swapping tires (Diagonally) caused more wear on Rear tires as well but they denied to replace under warranty, and they feel that this is normal wear and tear.
Old 1st September 2010, 16:57   #244
BHPian

My suggestion is to ask them for replacement. I know, the problem will not solve in the existing car.
Old 9th September 2010, 12:40   #245

I took delivery of my vehicle on 13th November 2009, hopefully it is made in July 2009.

I request People who is facing the same issue and also having the same vehicle manufacturing date please mention in the forum so that while having communication with CONCORD people or FIAT People you can give reference of these vehicles also, because service manager at concord told me that "We haven't received any complaints like this in any of the Puntos".

Please mention Vehicle Made & Purchased Date
Old 26th May 2011, 12:55   #246
BHPian

Default Punto swerves to the left

I own a punto which has covered around 34k. For a long time now, the car pulls rapidly to the left. No, this isn't torque steer which i've been reading about on the forum. The car pulls to the left on neutral as well as on very very low speeds.

The alignment has been checked at FIAT Rama Motors as well as an outside agency. Latter said that it seemed like a camber issue and hence I should get it corrected by FIAT itself. Rama Motors sad camber cannot be adjusted on the Punto and made some changes to the setup. The car felt better for a few days and then worsened. Currently, the setup is such that I can change a couple of lanes by just taking my hands off the steering.

I need your assistance on this. The car will be at Elegant Motors tomorrow and will spend some time there due to repairs. Please advise me on what components need to be checked. I seek some understanding on this issue.

Thanks
sukrit7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2011, 13:43   #247
BHPian

Default Re: Punto swerves to the left

To drive straight, do you have to turn the steering a bit to right, or does it turn to the left on releasing the steering?
It might be the camber issue as pointed out by the guy.
Old 26th May 2011, 14:03   #248
BHPian

No, I don't have to turn the steering to the right.
Only on leaving the wheel does it shoot off to the left. Any other Punto owners facing this problem ? And any solutions please ?
Old 26th May 2011, 14:12   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm starting to hear more stories about Punto alignment/uneven wear issues. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1735517 (Grande Punto Problem. EDIT: Protest Pics on Pg 6. Update on Pg 14)

Why cant camber be adjusted?. I would suggest you to consult another A.S.S or even better - an expert local mech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
.... Any other Punto owners facing this problem ?....
Old 26th May 2011, 14:38   #250
BHPian

Default Re: Grande Punto Problem. EDIT: Protest Pics on Pg 6. Update on Pg 14

I was told by Rama motors that camber can't be adjusted. I too found that difficult to understand. My local mechanic had aligned the wheels but they kept losing alignment.
Apart from alignment, is there anything else that can lead to such a problem ? That's what i'm trying to understand.
Old 26th May 2011, 14:50   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Hello Amogh,

I do not wanted to post some information which Fiat will not like to be read on public forum. The same is applied for the loaner car which Fiat had offered to Sachin. Thats the reason why I have not put it on public forum.
hi Pawan,

what is the status of friend's car .Is the issue resolved .
Old 26th May 2011, 15:08   #252
Senior - BHPian

The new 3D alignment machines can help get alignment right, to near perfect, ofcourse if there is no problem with the suspension setup?
Old 26th May 2011, 16:23   #253
BHPian

He sold Punto to Tata assured got very good price and bought new Punto and got very good deal. Its kind of exchange.
Old 26th May 2011, 16:28   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
He sold Punto to Tata assured got very good price and bought new Punto and got very good deal. Its kind of exchange.
Thats good news.Is he happy with the new car and the deal ?
Old 26th May 2011, 16:56   #255
Senior - BHPian

What TATA Assured is going to do with that Punto? Sell it to some unsuspecting buyer?? Or will scrap it and use it to source parts for other Puntos?
Closed Thread