Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Closed Thread

Old 26th May 2011, 18:24   #256
BHPian

Default Re: Grande Punto Problem. EDIT: Protest Pics on Pg 6. Update on Pg 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
I was told by Rama motors that camber can't be adjusted. I too found that difficult to understand. My local mechanic had aligned the wheels but they kept losing alignment.
Apart from alignment, is there anything else that can lead to such a problem ? That's what i'm trying to understand.
Assuming the tyre pressures are correct, the possibilities are brakes dragging, improper camber, defective tie rods, or may be defective EPS sensors (which is less possible).
Tejas Ingle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2011, 18:31   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
He sold Punto to Tata assured got very good price and bought new Punto and got very good deal. Its kind of exchange.
I'm quite shocked after reading this. How did your friend, who after facing an ordeal of such big magnitude, was still able to go with a Punto one more time? Did he give you any reason?
I'm still not able to believe that he has gone for a Punto again.
Old 26th May 2011, 19:00   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
What TATA Assured is going to do with that Punto? Sell it to some unsuspecting buyer?? Or will scrap it and use it to source parts for other Puntos?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
I'm quite shocked after reading this. How did your friend, who after facing an ordeal of such big magnitude, was still able to go with a Punto one more time? Did he give you any reason?
I am not in India so unable to talk to him. But the reason could be that he will get a good deal on his old Punto when he buys new Punto. And according to him, he get good deal on new Punto as well.

Last edited by pawan_pullarwar : 26th May 2011 at 19:01.
Old 26th May 2011, 19:35   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The problem was only with his car, not all Puntos. Generally Punto is an excellent car.

In any case, he must have got a much better deal in TATA Assured than outside.
Old 26th May 2011, 21:29   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
The problem was only with his car, not all Puntos. Generally Punto is an excellent car.

In any case, he must have got a much better deal in TATA Assured than outside.
The problem was how hard he toiled under the hands of Tata A.S.S. Seriously if I had been in his shoes, I would have dreaded to even think about going for a car from the same manufacturer again. The stickers he had in his car, the thousands of kilometers of testing done, the ever so immaculate Tata Personals' responses.. Guess, he is one brave heart!
Old 26th May 2011, 22:08   #261
BHPian

Quote:
The problem was how hard he toiled under the hands of Tata A.S.S. Seriously if I had been in his shoes, I would have dreaded to even think about going for a car from the same manufacturer again. The stickers he had in his car, the thousands of kilometers of testing done, the ever so immaculate Tata Personals' responses.. Guess, he is one brave heart!
I agree even if he was getting a excellent deal from tata assure he could have gone for vista or maza or safari etc .I mean after having stickers all around his car , suffering for so long etc as posted on this thread surprising that he bought a punto again.I wonder what people who had seen his old car this car might be thinking.
Old 26th May 2011, 22:20   #262
BHPian

I have a Punto which has done around 37000km so far and the tyres look good for another 10,000. And havent faced any such inching towards the left issues. But my swift ahd similar issues and was attributed to bent alloys. Why dont you et your rims checked?
Old 26th May 2011, 22:27   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin View Post
I have a Punto which has done around 37000km so far and the tyres look good for another 10,000. And havent faced any such inching towards the left issues. But my swift ahd similar issues and was attributed to bent alloys. Why dont you et your rims checked?
Negative. If the problem had been bent alloys then wheel rotation would have meant a change in direction. That doesn't happen.
Will update tomorrow. I'm hoping it's nothing too major.
Old 14th June 2011, 16:28   #264

This thread reminds me of 5K service done by Concord Motors to my Indica in 2007. I gave it for 5K service at Concorde Motors, Hyderabad and complained about bumpy ride. SA called me and informed that he replaced all the shock absorbs under warranty. I test drove the vehicle after the service along with the SA and told him that there is no change in the ride and it was still bumpy. He told me that it was because of shock absorbers being new and will become smooth after 1-2 days of driving. Nothing changed even after one week. So I called Concorde and they told me to use the vehicle for one more week and call back. After couple of more days while filling the tank I casually got the tyre pressure checked and to my surprise all tyres had 40+ as against 28(F) and 24(R) . After correcting it back to 28 and 24 the ride was back to normal. They would have surely charged me for at least 20K had my vehicle not been under warranty!

During the 25K service they wanted to replace the clutch though there was no complaint from regarding the clutch but refused to do it under warranty as it was normal wear and tear . I said that I would rather continue with it than paying 5K for the problem not felt by me. Now the vehicle has clocked 65K and the same clutch is still good without any issues.

In last 4-5 months, I have given it to concorde for drive belt problem more than 5 times and it is yet to be fixed. All of a sudden it looses brakes, power steering and alternator. I fed up with it and decided to sell it off. As for the new vehicle, I wanted to go for Punto or Linea but one thing that is holding me back is I still need to go to TASS for Fiat service.

-lb
Old 14th June 2011, 16:51   #265
Team-BHP Support

Note from Moderator: Since the car being discussed here has been sold and the owner is not available to comment any further i am closing this thread. Thanks
Closed Thread