Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 25th December 2009, 12:12   #31
BHPian

All

I had been to Concorde Motors Diary Circle, to get the alignment of the Steering wheel to the road wheel. (the steering was a few degrees to the left.). Linea MJD E

They checked and changed the CSC and gave me an invoice for the same with chargeable amount 0.00.
I was also told that they have changed the link rod. But there was no invoice for the same.
The car was cleaned inside and outside, with some necessary waxes also.
I was not charged a penny.

Felt good, car is fine.
PM - B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 13:05   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
That is contradictory!

If they have a "better designed part" now then why do they have only a particular list of Lineas to have the CSC replaced.

Mine is April 09 Linea and i havent got any intimation from TASS.

If this better designed part was available from a particular date, then FIAT would hace recalled all Lineas/ Puntos manufatured before a particular date. No list would have been required.
The list that I saw had ALL the cars sold by my dealer. The criteria was date of manufacturing. (I am talking about the Punto here. Don't have any idea about what the criteria is for Linea).

You not receiving a call from your dealer is actually your dealer's fault. Maybe you should check with your dealer. Fiat has informed the dealers and the dealers are supposed to inform the customers.

btw : I also got a call from Tata-Fiat customer care to check how the car is doing after replacing the CSC.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 01:29   #33

Default Got my Slave cylinder replaced too!!

AutoFin Hyderabad gave me a call last week...and followed up for 3 days continuously until I had to send the vehicle to get the part replaced. They even offered a pick up and drop, but I sent the vehicle with the driver. Must say they are trying hard to change perceptions!!
Got the vehicle back in 4 hours...I did feel an improvement in acceleration...a little smoother..
They also told me that they had 150 replacements done in the past coupla weeks.
NikhilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 17:04   #34
BHPian

I was postponing my clutch save cylinder (CSC) till yesterday. Now I regret what I have done so far. After the CSC change there is a remarkable difference in gear change, the driveability has improved leaps and bounce. Previously, it takes eternity for a gear change. Now clutch travel has reduced to half and gear change happens quickly and effortlessly.

I'm sure the 0-100 figures of the car after the CSC will definitely be lesser than to the one taken without CSC change. Can anyone here confirm that?

Last edited by CliffHanger : 7th February 2010 at 17:05.
CliffHanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 13:53   #35
BHPian

I got my CSC changed.

The clutch feels a little weird now:
1) At idle, when I depress the clutch and leave it , it sometimes gets stuck and stays in. I need to pull it back manually.
2) After few tries, when I depress the clutch and leave it , it doesn't get stuck but comes back with a slight jerk.

Have u guys experienced this after CSC replacement?
I used car only twice after the change. (SA said its new it feels tight, it will loosen up upon usage or something)
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 20:42   #36
BHPian

My experience after the replacement has been for the better. I had taken delivery of my Linea in October 2009 and got the cylinder replaced in the first servicing on Jan 15th. During the Initial run in of the car prior to the replacement I needed to be very careful in releasing the clutch as any fast release would make the car jerk (Something like a novice car driver might do if he won't time his clutch release well). I have been driving for more than 5 years and this felt strange. After the clutch cylinder replacement, I now can release the clutch the way I always have been without having to be consciously slow and the car doesn't jerk.

It may be a perception that the car feels more smoother after the cylinder replacement but thought of sharing this here as I just came across this thread.
RajBajwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 19:18   #37
BHPian

I gave my Linea for second service last friday at Concorde, Cochin. The clutch of my linea was tough from the very first day onwards. During first service I inquired about CSC replacement but they said my car was not in the list. This time when I gave my linea for service I checked out the clutch of other lineas and I found that they were very smooth. Mine was very hard and tough when compared to them. Also my Linea's CSC makes a creek sound when the clutch is pressed. This time I asked them to repair the clutch somehow. But those guys at Concorde were not agreeing that the clutch is hard. And now they say since my car has done 6576kms its natural. My linea's VIN number ends with HPZ which means it was manufactured in August 2009. But they are not ready to change the CSC of my Linea. Mr.Sibi is attending my car and he said he has lubricated the clutch but I really doubt whether that would have made a difference. Is there any way to replace the CSC of my Linea even if its not in the list? Or else what can I ask them do to make my clutch smooth? Please help!
GTX007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 14:32   #38
BHPian

Suggest you write a mail to Fiat Customer Service [Service@fiapl.com] giving details about your complain. I am sure they will get the same resolved.
Autocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2010, 00:01   #39
BHPian

Guys I have been bitten by the the Clutch cyllender bug. All of sudden the clutch got free. There was no response after pressing the clutch. It feels like some clutch wire has broken. I couldnt change the gears. And I was stucked in the middle of the road. One of my trusted TASS is about 40 kms away. I just dont know what to do.

Weather they will come and replace it free of cost or i have to get my Linea towed up to their service station. I have just parked my Linea on the road side and will speak to the TASS tomorrow morning.

FYI, I never recieved any call from TASS or FIAT to get the CSC replaced.

Poor me (one of the initial LINEA owners), didnt even get the Road side assistance as a gift from FIAT.

Last edited by nicesachin : 22nd October 2010 at 00:04.
nicesachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2010, 22:20   #40
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sachin,

Sorry to hear about your breakdown, it just sucks when a fairly new car leaves you stranded. It is entirely Fiat's / dealer's responsibility to tow your car & carry out the repairs. Heck, just to make up for this incident, they had better provide you with a loaner car too.

Considering your post was made nearly 24 hours back, this advice may come too late. But for the others, if your new car has broken down in an area you don't consider safe, have the car towed to your house / service center / any safe place. Better that, than having your wheels, tyres, stereo etc. stolen.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 10:45   #41

Unhappy Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder replacement in Linea - Cars Recalled

Punto 1.4L petrol Nov 2009 have done 18763kms when the clutch gave way. This was on Sunday evening. There was no response when you depress the clutch. Called up RSA immediately, they promised to get back but there was no call back.

Finally, called VST Motors on Monday morning, and they sent their technicians to take it to the workshop. Workshop diagnosed it as a failure in the slave cylinder.

Been two days, since Punto was taken to the workshop, it seems they dont have the part yet. Anyone else faced this issued? Anyone know the email/contact number of the Fiat Regional Manager for Chennai?

Would appreciate any help on this.
grease_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 17:55   #42
BHPian

Default Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder replacement in Linea - Cars Recalled

Posting in a old thread. Yesterday for the second time in the third year of ownership, My 2009 Linea E+ MJD broke down due to Clutch Slave Cylinder failure. First failure happened at around 17k and yesterday the odo read 46K. The slave cylinder was replaced without any questions asked with a modified unit of slave cylinder. I was shocked to know that, there has been instances of failure in Lineas above 40K. If this is the situation, Fiat should recall the cars and get it replaced with the modified one. Yesterday, morning I was stranded in the road due to this failure. Thank God my family was not with me.
The slave cylinder is being replaced for the third time in my car. First in the 3K service, as an update. 2nd in the 17k breakdown. and third yesterday. Any ideas about the life of slave cylinder in other cars?
On a sad note, while I got stranded in the road, I tried calling up Fiats road side assistance number being 1800 209 3428 and Fiat customer care number 1800 209 5556, from my mobile phone (Vodafone, kerala) but the call was not getting connected. Those numbers used to work fine earlier. I thought fiat road side assistance would come to rescue as Im covered under Fiat first programme, but the call itself was not going from my cell. I didn't try from any other phone as I had informed Concorde motors , cochin, which is around 65 km from my home. They came with the part, repaired it FOC on the spot itself. I paid them rs 1200 for the transit. Excellent service from concorde motors, cochin I should say.
drdeepudev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 18:19   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeepudev View Post
My 2009 Linea E+ MJD broke down due to Clutch Slave Cylinder failure. there has been instances of failure in Lineas above 40K. If this is the situation, Fiat should recall the cars and get it replaced with the modified one. Any ideas about the life of slave cylinder in other cars? .
My car too is 2009 model Linea Emotion pack Diesel,never had any issues with clutch it completed 36k without any issues when i visited RF Motors Cochin for service they told me about the clutch slave cylinder upgrade from fiat,(Info from service advisor:the stock one was made of a plastic like substance and it tends to fail so when it fails the depressed pedel will not come back to the normal position automatically and it will cause clutch wear and tear.The upgraded slave cylinder is made of steel hence no such issues).Then my car's clutch completed its life at 36k (now there is issues with gear change its hard to engage gear and clutch is heavy too)the advisor told me to change the whole clutch kit, in more detailed enquiry i came to know that the maximum life of fiat linea clutch is 45k and in rare case it will go up to 60k(cost:8000rs).The slave cylinder upgrade issued by fiat india never reached customers the dealers are the culprit.thanks to RF motors for informing me about upgrade else i may too have the same fate(breakdowns )

Last edited by justin.das : 29th March 2012 at 18:24. Reason: typing mistake
justin.das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 20:17   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeepudev View Post
They came with the part, repaired it FOC on the spot itself. I paid them rs 1200 for the transit. Excellent service from concorde motors, cochin I should say.
Impressive indeed.

Replacing the clutch slave cylinder on the spot is something. Normal practice is to tow the car to the garage and then carry out the work. Really good for Concorde.
sandeepmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 18:31   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin.das View Post
My car too is 2009 model Linea Emotion pack Diesel,never had any issues with clutch it completed 36k without any issues when i visited RF Motors Cochin for service they told me about the clutch slave cylinder upgrade from fiat,(Info from service advisor:the stock one was made of a plastic like substance and it tends to fail so when it fails the depressed pedel will not come back to the normal position automatically and it will cause clutch wear and tear.The upgraded slave cylinder is made of steel hence no such issues).Then my car's clutch completed its life at 36k (now there is issues with gear change its hard to engage gear and clutch is heavy too)the advisor told me to change the whole clutch kit, in more detailed enquiry i came to know that the maximum life of fiat linea clutch is 45k and in rare case it will go up to 60k(cost:8000rs).The slave cylinder upgrade issued by fiat india never reached customers the dealers are the culprit.thanks to RF motors for informing me about upgrade else i may too have the same fate(breakdowns )
Exactly Justin. The modified slave cylinder with the steel part was installed yesterday. Lets see for how many kms it will last. Kudos to RF cochin for informing about this upgrade. On a sadder note, my car completed its 45k service from Concorde motors few days back. At least they would have mentioned it there itself. The SA never informed me about this update. Once I informed about this break down, he didn't ask for the extended warranty papers. There was no paper work involved. Do I smell a rat there? Its painful to say that I'm losing confidence in this car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Impressive indeed.

Replacing the clutch slave cylinder on the spot is something. Normal practice is to tow the car to the garage and then carry out the work. Really good for Concorde.
Yes it was a new information for me. On the first breakdown, the car was towed down to Concorde and I got the car only after 24hours. This time it was just a 10 minute job. They removed the battery, replaced the slave cylinder and the car was ready. I highly recommend Vignesh and Manu of Concorde motors break down team for their splendid work and their behavior.
drdeepudev is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote