Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 29th August 2005, 22:54   #1
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Post paint discolouration in siena

hey guys i own a 2004 fiat siena 1.6elx.its golden in colour.a week after delivery i got teflon coating on the paint and underbody rustproof paint coating done.lately the roof and the trunk have discoloured and have started becoming blackish in colour.when i took it to the service station the mechanic told me that maybe i park under a tree and the tree sap can cause this discolouration.but i have never parked it under a tree and it is parked usually outdoors.i thought maybe the harsh sun could have caused it but than my other cars are also parked outdoors and none of them have faced this problem.the rest of my cars havent received any teflon coating.could it be the teflon coating.and if yes can it be removed.and also the rest of the body doesnt have any discolouration.so what colud it be.kindly help.

Last edited by hellspawn : 29th August 2005 at 22:56.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2005, 23:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Technically teflon coat doesnt really last longer than 6 months to a year depending upon the application so i doubt that could be the reason. Is the discoloration only on the roof and boot and not on the hood? coz if its from the harsh sun the hood should also be affected equally? Could also be a defect in paint quality at the time of manufacturing. Metallic colors go dull when the top clear coat is not applied properly. Also you could get the discolored areas processed with a rubbing compound at the dealership to make sure its not due to some other over accumulation like tree sap as they say.

autopsyche is offline   Reply With Quote