Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 3rd September 2005, 08:06   #1
BHPian

Exclamation Honda Engine Code !

As I was searching for O.H.C i came across this Car from ichibaan Honda at santacruz , Honda 1.5 Dec99 ,44K kms,crystal lights, full service record,single owner,non accident,non flodded car

i have seen the car and driven it also, i liked it but while going through papers , In car registration the Engine No mentioned was B15B9009554, but in the Insurance paper the make is specifed as Honda City 1.5 Vtec & Engine no is not specified in insurance paper,

i asked Mr Mario the sales person from Ichibaan about this ,he said that it was a print err, i couldn't digest his justifying, On physically seeing the engine it was 1.5 only

i would like to know where the engine no is printed on engine so that i can compare it with the no in registration booklet.

Is ichibaan trying to hide any real facts on the engine ?

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 3rd September 2005 at 08:07.
Ford Rocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2005, 14:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

engine no. printed on a metal tag in the engine bay. also the model is embossed on the bottom half of the engine, i.e, the bore.
iceman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2005, 09:15   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91
engine no. printed on a metal tag in the engine bay. also the model is embossed on the bottom half of the engine, i.e, the bore.
Thanks buddy,
On looking, the engine no matched with the no in registration booklet, is there any more things to check before buying o.H.C ?

I want to know more details of the engine bore/stroke, C.r, rev limit
,ecu is there any site/link where it can be found ?

While browsing t-bhp i had come across one post which u have posted regarding Head swap from some other Honda engine to the city ,can u give some more details on that , thats what is called as "frankenstein motor "
am i right ?
Ford Rocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2005, 05:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

engine number must match registration book AND insurance as well. make sure on that.
engine details and mods can be found on a number of sites like hondata, hondatuning, civicsrus etc.etc.
head swap is of the old civic head onto a 1.5 but if your car is a vtec then dont do it...just go and get a good head job done with a nice set of extractors,injectors, air intake and camshaft. will kill most of the hondas on the street!!
iceman91 is offline   Reply With Quote