Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 30th March 2010, 22:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
Hi Nitrous!

About the new noise in my indigo. .. It starts sometimes on starting the car ( normally ...without depressing the clutch ). I mean just cranking. On starting , there is a lot loud and course sounding idle and with increased vibration.
I realize it goes away on accelerating or a tap on throttle.
And also by depressing the clutch.
Also sometimes on startin the motor, the noise comes on for a fraction before resuming normal idle.
Never happens when car is running.
Has no correlation to cold starts or a hot engine... may even occur after an hour long drive on restarting.
though it goes away , this thing is on my mind. Hate to have a active problem in the car.:(
Consulted 2 mechanics , both seem to suggest its a well known problem of tatas. Something to do with gear bearing or some such.
Any ides? My thread was deleted, though honestly i couldnt find any related thread.
In my case, using system D regularly reduced this noise significantly!
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 11:04   #17
Thumbs up

Hi Greenhorn ,

It was just a failed clutch release bearing. Having changed that the noise is gone.
I used system D with normal diesel for a long time. Currently last 4 fills have used a Jaso FC rated 2T oil. Fuel effeciency has not changed really , but the motor is super smooth and noise drastically reduced. 475 IDI actaully felt quite refined with this 100 ml dose per tank fill. Never had smokey car , now feels even less.
HIGHNOON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2013, 20:50   #18
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Engine oil capacity of Indigo's 475idi Diesel engine

today I saw this with my own eyes. Filled up 5L of engine oil, and ran the engine for some time, cleaned the dipstick, put it in, and it was nearly near maximum. I wonder what this .5L is for anyway?
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote