Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 21st October 2014, 19:23   #31
BHPian

Default Re: What is service interval for Honda Cars?

I service my Honda City once a year or 10,000 Kms which ever is earlier. I have been following this practice for over 10 years and touch wood no issues till date with any cars. The same Honda city in Australia has service intervals of 1 year but in India to rip customers off and for the dealers to make good money is a good tactic Honda has adopted.
Chalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2014, 20:28   #32
Senior - BHPian

I recommend a 6 month general service interval and 5000km oil drain mileage to keep your car in ship shape. Honda service centers call every 3 months. I feel that's too soon. 10000km, I feel is too high for oil drain on mineral oil for our conditions. I follow the owners manual recommendation for other service and spares replacement.

Love your car, why not service it at least twice a year?
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 15:25   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag408 View Post
Sorry about revisiting this old thread, but I have been servicing my Honda City (bought last year) every 3 months. I send my car for servicing to Apex Honda in Kurla, Mumbai and they are very regular in calling me up every 3 months. Even I am not sure this is even required. Can we refuse a service without affecting the warranty?

Having said that, am not at all satisfied with the service offered by Apex Honda. Plan to shift to Solitaire Honda which is near my workplace ... will update on my experience there.
To update, I called up Honda 121 yesterday and they confirmed that the service interval is 3 months (or eq. KMs, whichever earlier) I looked at my service booklet and it is mentioned that "not adhereing to the mentioned service schedule may affect the warranty" ... not sure what this means!
ag408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 17:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalu View Post
I service my Honda City once a year or 10,000 Kms which ever is earlier. I have been following this practice for over 10 years and touch wood no issues till date with any cars. The same Honda city in Australia has service intervals of 1 year but in India to rip customers off and for the dealers to make good money is a good tactic Honda has adopted.
I properly service the cars once a year if I am using Fully synthetic oil.
Else once in 6 months an oil/oil filter change and once a year service.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 17:12   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I properly service the cars once a year if I am using Fully synthetic oil.
Else once in 6 months an oil/oil filter change and once a year service.
I use fully synthetic oil only for the city and rarely it runs not more than 7000 kms per year.
Chalu is offline   Reply With Quote