Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 10th February 2010, 22:53   #1
BHPian

Lightbulb Project: CarT

Project: CarT
Flashback:
I saw a legend ModelT on this biography on history channel, and i was hooked immediately with the simplicity and the ease with which all the technicality of a combustion engine was brought in the life of a common individual.
Now:
I am trying to begin with the process of building a car which will be a 2 seater, minimal luggage.
City:tourer :: 60:40. i.e. A capable engine enough to do the work, and keep some more juice, fairly FE, and very simple.
The focus here is more on the simplicity n ease of the machine, and good FE just trails with the view.

Wrt size, I am thinking between m800 and a cruiser bike.
Wheels: 3/4 ?
Engine: out of some current bike with FE and power balance.

My current priorities:
Chart the combinations of the above factors.
Get indepth information and exposure to concepts encircling my project.
Feeds/views/criticism from my tbhp fellow_mates, gurus, mods, support are invited
Finance requirement estimation for options in consideration.
Finance arrangement. /that part I will take care /
Custom fabricators. /searching tbhp and more for that currently/

After:
Finalize with specs and internals.
Chassis design/adapt
Sketch body.
Work detail budget and schedule the production date

I will try to follow the decision sequence as given.
But please feel free to suggest/append the sequence, or enlighten on some untouched aspects.

Care,

Ace.

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th February 2010 at 13:19. Reason: Fixing title formatting
driverace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 00:24   #2
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 11th February 2010 at 16:12.
alias is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 11th February 2010, 16:17   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am trying to begin with the process of building a car which will be a 2 seater, minimal luggage.
City:tourer :: 60:40. i.e. A capable engine enough to do the work, and keep some more juice, fairly FE, and very simple.
The focus here is more on the simplicity n ease of the machine, and good FE just trails with the view.

Wrt size, I am thinking between m800 and a cruiser bike.
Wheels: 3/4 ?
Engine: out of some current bike with FE and power balance.
Unless you want to go out and build a vehicle for the joy of it, why not buy a Tata Nano? Fits the bill just right.

Some recommended threads:

Caterham 7 replica ("Superlite 1200" - Catheram 7 replica (Worli seaface))

Barchetta Scorpion made in India (The Barchetta Scorpion! (A Caterham Replica made in India!))

Building an AC Cobra replica (My quest to build a AC Cobra Replica)
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 20:04   #4
BHPian

Post Its somewhat different, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks for the links, and I will get in touch with the members for more gyaan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
Project: CarT
Flashback:
I saw a legend ModelT on this biography on history channel, and i was hooked immediately with the simplicity and the ease with which all the technicality of a combustion engine was brought in the life of a common individual.
I am trying to say, that, I am impressed with the simplicity of the design, and I want to experience the building of a very practical/minimalist+ car.
I also like the concept of Nano, but again, I feel, I can go ahead and make a different version of my own!
I dont want to "buy" any thing in that area which is CBU!, rather experience the stages in building one.

One more thing: I am not looking for a Hot rod replica/ or any replica, I just want to do my work from scratch! - Unique.

I hope I receive kind support of like minded and helpful team from Tbhp.

BTW: I have gone through the links (@ GTO), and I thank you again for considering searching up such projects and for giving me the links.

Care.

Ace.
driverace is offline   Reply With Quote