Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 13th February 2010, 22:02   #1
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Palio combinational switch handle loose

Our Palio 1.2's combinational switch has become quite loose now. It started on a drive when the switch (The far end of the handle on the right side of the steering wheel that you turn to switch on the lights) came off. I managed to put it back in place and the lights worked fine. After a week or so, the same part (far end of the handle) came off. This time, putting it back didn't work. The switch just revolved freely inside the slot. I however managed to somehow slot it inside and the lights worked, but it was still not as rigid as it was supposed to be and didn't rotate in 3 stages, and eventually, came off once again.

I tried slotting it back just now for 20 minutes or so, and sort of succeeded once, getting the switch somewhat inside, but the headlights didn't work. Is this repairable by me? Or is it something out of my hands and needs to be taken to the service center or something, cause the center is quite far from my place, and I don't mind doing it myself if it's possible. For the record, the switch handling the wipers works perfect, and I am able to engage high beam by pulling the switch (on the right) towards myself.
FanaticOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2010, 13:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

i think it is better to buy a new one from the spare parts guy. you can fix it on your own / ask the friendly mechanic to do it for you.

All the best.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 10:53   #3

Don't even try to repair this, get it replaced by A.S.S; would cost around Rs.600+wait time.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote