Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 8th June 2012, 12:37   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Hissing sound from dash after AC servicing

In my new punto 2012, I am facing a similar issue: AC had stopped working a month back, got it serviced. Stopped working again last week. When I switch on AC now, there is a gurgling/hissing sound from dash board, compressor clutch gets engaged but no coolong at all. Is it a gas leak/faulty pipes, O ring issue or what?

If there is a gas leak, why is the compressor clutch still engaging? There should be a pressure switch to cut off the compressor if I am not wrong?
lapis_lazuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 15:21   #32
Senior - BHPian

^^ shocking to see a 2012 car's ac requiring attention.

The compressor is cutting in only because there is some pressure in the system.

Please have the gauges hooked up to check system pressure ; compressor suction should show 35psi and discharge,250-300psi.

I suspect that there is a leak somewhere
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 19:51   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Please have the gauges hooked up to check system pressure ; compressor suction should show 35psi and discharge,250-300psi.

I suspect that there is a leak somewhere
@vigsom thanks a lot. Just to understand, they would be fitting the gauges from the engine bay side or under the dash? And these pressures are in car idling and AC on and after say, 5 minutes running? Another question, last time I was told it was the typical O ring issue: where exactly is this ring physically located? Finally it all depends if I can be physically present at the service center.

BHPan Anupam00 had been very helpful, got some really cool advise from him and would visit Dynamic Auto in Sec 63 on his reference.
lapis_lazuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 20:06   #34
Senior - BHPian

^^ gauges would be fitted on the engine bay side only ; a red hose to the high pressure side(compressor discharge) and a blue hose to the low pressure side(compressor suction).

the values I've mentioned are indicative ; typical at 1500rpm or so.take the engine to 2500rpm and you'll see the high side climbing to 300 and the low side dropping to 30.

all the best !!!!
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote